• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA DAC-A6 Review (Stereo DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 41 20.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 140 68.3%
  • Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 10.2%

• Total voters

ranrt

There are so many very good DACs these days at very reasonable prices.... I wonder who is buying the expensive DACs from the high-end companies that (mostly) measure worse but cost ten times or more as much...?
That's why I am happy with my Topping E30.

Dmitriy

There are so many very good DACs these days at very reasonable prices.... I wonder who is buying the expensive DACs from the high-end companies that (mostly) measure worse but cost ten times or more as much...?
they are bought by those who believe that the difference in sound between DACs directly depends on the cost, or those who have a lot of money and little brains, but there are currently few of them, so companies that rely on their name and not on the performance of the device, I think they will not be able to compete with brands that offer more at affordable prices

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think many are bought by people who really want good sound, but lack either the time or the technical ability to find, read, and understand sites such as this one, and instead believe what the salesman tells them.

jsrtheta

having other ports besides USB is fine. I guess they struggled to find a breakthrough solution because they have to keep price low and add many features.
I have no use for USB, but I do for coax. At this price, I would definitely consider this.

The ESS hump is annoying, though. I thought ESS was supposed to be SOTA. Couldn't prove it by me.

nyxnyxnyx

I have no use for USB, but I do for coax. At this price, I would definitely consider this.

The ESS hump is annoying, though. I thought ESS was supposed to be SOTA. Couldn't prove it by me.
I know right. the more ports/connection types the better.
as long as that hump isn't audible I think it's perfectly fine, it might just be one of those things we consciously remember from time to time and get annoyed by that though.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps people who don't peruse this forum? And have more money than they need.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I would rate it 3 stars , for the reason bellows.
1. No remote.
2. No tubes, like my Fosi audio tube P1 have.
3. Wish it had an IEC power inlet.
Why, do you believe an expensive power cord would make it sound better?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

robertospeed

AIYIMA DAC-A6​

Tried with foobar2000 with DSDs natively with ASIO + DSTranscoder, with all these files and it works great.

FLAC 16Bit 44.1KHz

FLAC 24bit 48kHz

FLAC 24bit 88kHz

FLAC 24bit 96kHz

FLAC 24bit 176kHz

FLAC 24bit 192kHz

FLAC 32bit 192kHz

FLAC 24bit 352.8kHz

FLAC DXD 24bit 352kHz

Wav 32bit 768kHz

DSF DSD 64

DSF DSD 128

DSF DSD 256

DSF DSD 512

No pop or click noise is generated when tracks with different sample rates are randomly switched or when the power is turned on / off.

Aiyima sent me a firmware update because before it was only 24bit and not 32bit, but with the new firmware v1.03 it reaches 32bit and works fine.

AIYIMA is making some really good mini products.

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 118
  • 04.PNG
    04.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 02.PNG
    02.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.8 mhz.jpg
    2.8 mhz.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 107

Toku

Major Contributor
Looking at the A6 of the DAC and the D03 of the amplifier, AIYIMA these days is motivated.

Top Bottom