• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA DAC-A6 Review (Stereo DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 41 20.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 140 68.3%
  • Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 10.2%

• Total voters

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Seems comparable to the DX3 Pro from 2 years ago. SINAD is slightly better, but not enough to matter. Thank you @amirm

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Strange choice indeed, In 2021 especially since it doesn't have a headphone output which would imply desktop use, but here you even have BT in so you can stream from a distance but you have to walk to the thing to switch inputs, SPDIF does not really have a use on a desktop setting neither. That's just poor product definition, if you want to make a desktop only product, put a headphone amp and put USB only.
For those of us with desktop computers instead of laptops, S/PDIF is definitely desirable in a desktop setting--especially for gamers who tend to experience noise from their video cards over USB.

phoenixsong

I voted it "Fine", but the Motu M2 costs less, measures better and has better functionality along with balanced outputs. It only lacks the Bluetooth connection this unit has

PeteL

Major Contributor
I voted it "Fine", but the Motu M2 costs less, measures better and has better functionality along with balanced outputs. It only lacks the Bluetooth connection this unit has
I tend to be with you on this, don't have the MOTU, me I have a Audient ID14 for desktop but I think it's all about features, Semi-Pro, or bedroom musician audio interfaces seams to offer such better value than all these DACS that pop out for desktop use. Even if they may measure slightly below, typically it comes with great mixing application, sometimes include software EQ, plug in support, plus you may not need the ADC just for music listening but even if you're not a musician, down the line when you are into this hobby you may want to plug a measurment mic for some DRC applications, will almost always include headphone amp, even if not very powerful, etc. All at a very attractive pricing really. There really is not much those "hifi" marketed DAC have to offer unless you're into DSD and such, personally never really felt the need to go there.

Last edited:

phoenixsong

I tend to be with you on this, don't have the MOTU, me I have a Audient ID14 for desktop but I think it's all about features, Semi-Pro, or bedroom musician audio interfaces seams to offer such better value than all these DACS that pop out for desktop use. Even if they may measure slightly below, typically it comes with great mixing application, include software EQ, plug in support, plus you may not need the ADC just for music listening but even if you're not a musician, down the line when you are into this hobby you may want to plug a measurment mic for some DRC applications, will almost always include headphone amp, even if not very powerful, etc. All at a very attractive pricing really. There really is not much those "hifi" marketed DAC have to offer unless you're into DSD and such, personally never really felt the need to go there.
Exactly, Motu is a good setup for conducting measurements with, and nowadays with all the video chats/calls, streaming and online gaming having quality and easy to use, fully-adjustable mic inputs is great

Dmitriy

I gave a rating of 2 in my opinion, the price for this device is too high for the available functions and performance, for about the same money you can buy a DX3 pro+, which has a fairly powerful headphone amplifier and slightly better characteristics, and also has a remote control

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I plenty happy with my Emotiva DC-1,
Good DAC and excelllent headphone amp, + analog inputs, remote control, more.
Unless the ole girl lets the smoke out I'll keep what I got. :)

vkvedam

Forum Donor
Postman for me, it doesn't even reach E30 levels and the price is higher. Couple of years ago it would have been happy panther.

PeteL

Major Contributor
For those of us with desktop computers instead of laptops, S/PDIF is definitely desirable in a desktop setting--especially for gamers who tend to experience noise from their video cards over USB.
Out of curiosity, how do you go for SPDIF from your tower computer to your DAC? I'm not particularly familiar with the gamers market. You are right tough, Noisy USB ports is not uncommon and it does show up post conversion more often than we think.

Last edited:

Dmitriy

ocr.jpg
Из любопытства, как вы переходите на SPDIF с вашего вышестоящего компьютера на ваш ЦАП? Я не особенно знаком с рынком геймеров. Вы правы, жесткие, шумные USB-порты не редкость, и они действительно появляются после преобразования чаще, чем мы думаем.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Which is good, because you can more easily find one that has the features or looks you want.

Not so easy.
Just read the numerous opinions saying here and there that they have a much better alternatives not to mention Topping's or the Motu.
My point is that companies should rather look for some new ideas different features or at least have a proprietary way be it design or an ingenious "something".

But those may be in another segment and cost > 000's

Yasser 06

Amir could you explain US the coding of the pink panters, i know that the golfing one means "very good". But i m sort of confused, especially with your panther collection getting larger and larger.

Thanks for your work.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Not so easy.
Just read the numerous opinions saying here and there that they have a much better alternatives not to mention Topping's or the Motu.
My point is that companies should rather look for some new ideas different features or at least have a proprietary way be it design or an ingenious "something".

But those may be in another segment and cost > 000's
Pretty much all of them are transparant so it doesn't matter.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amir could you explain US the coding of the pink panters, i know that the golfing one means "very good". But i m sort of confused, especially with your panther collection getting larger and larger.

Thanks for your work.
Some answers here

Top Bottom