• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

dgallo

Another question I haven't seen here. Is the analog RCA in the do5 the same used in do3? I´ve researched a lot and bot units will serve me right but I will prefer the do3. I will connect TV on digital, turntable with the ifi zen phono pre on RCA, computer and phone on usb and BT. How "bad" would be the RCA in this set up? Thanks and sorry about my english, not my primary language.

theurden

Hi, my name is Alfonso, I have been around here for a while but only as a reader. Now I need help from aiyima D03 owners to try to solve my problem. I apologize for my English in advance.

I get small random sound cuts through the optical or USB input. It is not a TV or PC problem because with a marantz amplifier I don't have this problem. In the attached videos you can see the problem, sometimes it happens in a few minutes and sometimes after 30 minutes.

I will list all the tests I have done to help find a solution:

-Connected by optical cable to a TV and using native TV applications I have the problem, I tried two different cables

-Connected to a PC via USB I have the problem.

-Bought another Aiyima D03 unit on amazon to see if my unit was defective, with the new unit I have the same problem.

-Same tests with another brand amplifier I do not have this problem (Denon and Marantz).

-I have changed the audio connectors and cables that connect to the speakers.

-The unit does not feel hot and I use air conditioning in testing to avoid overheating.

Thanks in advance

Zek

Major Contributor
There is a problem with your videos

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 00.29.12.png

theurden

do you use the pc? what audio player do you use?
have you tried with a cd player
I have a TV monitor. I use USB when use PC and optical input when i see netflix native app on TV. i dont have a cd player but before i had a marantz pm6005 with optical and no have problems.

OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

I have a TV monitor. I use USB when use PC and optical input when i see netflix native app on TV. i dont have a cd player but before i had a marantz pm6005 with optical and no have problems.
do you use windows 10? what audio player do you use? foobar2000 latest version in exclusive mode?

OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

I use windows 11 and spotify or Tidal.
mine tried it in usb with windows 10 and foobar2000 latest version in exclusive mode and did not lack with any audio file with different frequencies from 16bit up to 24bit and from 44100hz up to 192000hz. If the audio signal does not reach aiyima d03 well, this defect happens, maybe it happens to you, I don't know.
sorry my english, but i use the translator, i'm italian

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would imagine this would be an interesting product to test - please @amirm :) as I haven't seen many tests on FDA anywhere.

Specifically I like the idea that its pure digital inputs into the TAS5624A (which may give similar quality output to A07) - if they have engineered it well it could a winning product.

Timstunes

Forum Donor
It seems 55 Watts real RMS for D03, while for A07 perhaps 45 Watts real RMS, and I had a 48V 7.3A power supply, while on D03 32V 5A, how do you turn it out?
I believe Amir measure the A07 max power as 55w@4 ohms and 61w@8 ohms(48v3a psu).

waKaka

Hi, my name is Alfonso, I have been around here for a while but only as a reader. Now I need help from aiyima D03 owners to try to solve my problem. I apologize for my English in advance.

I get small random sound cuts through the optical or USB input. It is not a TV or PC problem because with a marantz amplifier I don't have this problem. In the attached videos you can see the problem, sometimes it happens in a few minutes and sometimes after 30 minutes.

I will list all the tests I have done to help find a solution:

-Connected by optical cable to a TV and using native TV applications I have the problem, I tried two different cables

-Connected to a PC via USB I have the problem.

-Bought another Aiyima D03 unit on amazon to see if my unit was defective, with the new unit I have the same problem.

-Same tests with another brand amplifier I do not have this problem (Denon and Marantz).

-I have changed the audio connectors and cables that connect to the speakers.

-The unit does not feel hot and I use air conditioning in testing to avoid overheating.

Thanks in advance

You need to pay attention to: whether there are Bluetooth devices connected to aiyima.
Sometimes the Bluetooth connection mode will 'override' other connection modes.
My active speaker is intermittent sometimes, because the mobile phone prompt tone is connected to the active speaker through Bluetooth. The signal covers the rca connection where music is playing.
I hope it can help you and my translation software works normally

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
My D03 does not have this problem and I just tried a Bluetooth connection from my phone but its only active when bluetooth is selected so doesn't cut out the USB or Optical. If I was guessing I would say something is wrong with the power supply or possible something connected to the RCA connections is causing a short? Mostly I have it connected to Optical and I have never had a problem from an Airport Express via Airplay (though I did have mine also connected to a Raspberry PI via USB and it worked fine). I do think the RCA connections are rubbish (my 50+ aged ears can hear audible noise via RCA so I would suspect something isn't well designed internally related to the RCA / ADC).

godsmack50

Hi , I currently have an Aiyima D03 amplifier with a 32 volts 5A power supply, and I would like to use this amplifier with a 36 volts 6A power supply on 6 ohms loudspeakers , can I use this 36 volts 6A power supply on the Aiyima D03 with these 6 ohms loudspeakers , and if so, what will be the benefits please ? Thanks

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
Hi , I currently have an Aiyima D03 amplifier with a 32 volts 5A power supply, and I would like to use this amplifier with a 36 volts 6A power supply on 6 ohms loudspeakers , can I use this 36 volts 6A power supply on the Aiyima D03 with these 6 ohms loudspeakers , and if so, what will be the benefits please ? Thanks
Well according to this image it will work fine https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51sPAYPd9HL._SL500_.jpg - it will just give you a little more power - always hard to know with manufacturer provided power ratings (and possible the bigger power supply will introduce more noise) - its a pity this Amp hasn't been tested as I do like it.

You should ask Aiyima support as they were fairly responsive when I asked them a few questions and they mentioned they were thinking of shipping with a bigger power supply when I asked them.

godsmack50

Well according to this image it will work fine https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51sPAYPd9HL._SL500_.jpg - it will just give you a little more power - always hard to know with manufacturer provided power ratings (and possible the bigger power supply will introduce more noise) - its a pity this Amp hasn't been tested as I do like it.

You should ask Aiyima support as they were fairly responsive when I asked them a few questions and they mentioned they were thinking of shipping with a bigger power supply when I asked them.
I asked them on facebook yesterday, but I still haven't gotten the answer !!!

godsmack50

Here is Aiyima response on facebook !!!

1.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom