• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 130 57.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters

strukturforscher

Also greetings from Germany, @strukturforscher ;)! I own an A200 and cannot confirm the bugs that you describe, neither the rising ground noise nor the pop when you switch to BT.
Hi, thank you, good to know, then i will give a new unit a chance, because i like the sound, more than the other TPA3255 Options i tested

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some tests with Bluetooth
Volume set for 5W output 4.2 Ohm, both channels loaded
First with Bluetooth Output level at 0dBFS
Are my eyes lying to me again? :oops::
202303_BTthd.jpg

The THD figures shown seem lower than the o'scope/analyzer graphs indicate...

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are my eyes lying to me again? :oops::
View attachment 275548
The THD figures shown seem lower than the o'scope/analyzer graphs indicate...
Well, I don't know for your eyes.
But Multi Instrument FFT peaks are somehow truncated on the plot sometimes.

But look at the table in bottom right:
THD is a bit higher than H3, which is -36.79dB, or 22.08dB lower than the fundamental (-14.71dB).
So the THD figure of -21.2dB seems realistic.

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Besides for some super low sensitivity speakers, does one need a 50W (8ohm) amp for desktop use? I would trade a bit of that for lower noise, so higher sensitivity speakers have less chance of tweeter hiss.
Yes for dynamic peaks to be 100% clean and for the bass, 2x50 watt even for my low sensitivity speakers is a good starting point

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes for dynamic peaks to be 100% clean and for the bass, 2x50 watt even for my low sensitivity speakers is a good starting point
Yes I agree, going below 50wpc gets a little strained imo on quite a few choices of speakers. Finding a pair of speakers above 90db sensitivity for a reasonable price is not easy. Most speakers seem to be around 86-90db, I have a pair at 88db and going any lower than 50wpc would be fruitless.

Top Bottom