• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 130 57.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Aiyima missed the boat on this one imo, no sub out. I'm very happy with my A07s. On the A07 the 3.5mm aux. out can be used for full frequency applications as well as a powered sub. At $69-79 depending on the power supply option it's hard to beat. I have one of mine paired with a FX Audio DAC-SQ3 I got from Amazon for less than $50 with a Prime deal. So for $130 I have a very capable DAC with pre-amp volume control and a remote, and an amp with a sub out. Just no bluetooth in this setup which I wasn't looking for. Small footprint and they look good together : )
Yes, a sub (or 2 but one would likely be fine) out would be excellent IF the whole implementation had a SINAD at or above 78 & 16 bit depth. I (for sure) would be willing to pay more for those things (and a remote to control the volume with different inputs which may have different levels resulting in different volumes out).

Midnight Audiophile

Yes, a sub (or 2 but one would likely be fine) out would be excellent IF the whole implementation had a SINAD at or above 78 & 16 bit depth. I (for sure) would be willing to pay more for those things (and a remote to control the volume with different inputs which may have different levels resulting in different volumes out).
That's one of the nice things about the 3.5mm aux. out on the A07, you're getting both left and right channels so it's easy to split for two subs. I connect it via 3.5mm to RCA to a Rolls SX95 and run both subs in stereo plus have the option for mono, as well as adjusting the phase, crossover, and level from one unit.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I replaced the caps immediately.
Asked Aiyima CS info about the bump, and they told me what was the cause and how to get rid of it.
Of course they sent me the replacement caps for free.
Amazing, you were able to find a CS contact.
Amazing, you tried your luck to contact CS.
Amazing, CS contacted you back.
Amazing, CS sent you the caps free-of-charge.
Amazing, you replaced them immediately.
[5 amazings= 1 miracle:D]
I don't even look to see if there is a warranty when purchasing such /inbred/ products and keep my fingers crossed.
I've been lucky.

Midnight Audiophile

Amazing, you were able to find a CS contact.
Amazing, you tried your luck to contact CS.
Amazing, CS contacted you back.
Amazing, CS sent you the caps free-of-charge.
Amazing, you replaced them immediately.
[5 amazings= 1 miracle:D]
I don't even look to see if there is a warranty when purchasing such /inbred/ products and keep my fingers crossed.
I've been lucky.

I've interacted with Aiyima customer service on a couple of occasions and they were prompt, friendly, and eager to offer a solution. My last conversation with them was about the larger caps in the newer A07s. To sum it up, if you buy one from them on Amazon and it doesn't have the larger caps, let them know and they'll replace it with a unit that does. I was also asked to help with the diagram and verbiage in the manual and was compensated for doing so.

Saponetto

A300 is too expensive and too big for desktop use, and its performances are not so high to think at it as a first rig amplifier.
My 5 cents, obviously.

kaopad999

its performances are not so high
Where have you heard that from?
I have read many good reviews on this amplifier. It's not that much more expensive than the A200 and uses better German Infineon chips.
I;ve also read that it peforms better than the SMSL ao200 & the DA9

Which Chinese amplifier would you consider to be good enough as a 'first rig amplifier'?

Saponetto

Also gave a test at my bench. It uses same TPA3255 chip.
It's fine for general use, not suggested for HiFi needs, and not at that price range.

Ops, see now you're mentioning the -SMSL- A300 and not the Aiyima A300...
A lot of people here would suggest you the Topping PA5, it's a nice solution for desktop but it's of course more expensive.

Cum grano salis, depending a lot on personal needs and preferences, my point of view is that rigs for desktop use are "for desktop used".
First rigs are anyway placed in ambients that require location and equipments that are forcibly different than those devoted for desktop use.

Hoping not be read as controversial.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm measuring one (purchased directly from Audiophonics)

First results:
- SINAD around 76dB @5W 4.2 Ohm RCA In
(NB: limiting factor is the noise, THD results are similar to Amir's results > I need to improve my test setup)
- Max power (<0.1THD 997Hz 4.2Ohm) 101W/ch for 2 channels loaded

Set-up:
RME ADI-2 Pro fs R (2V) -> A200 rca > Autoranger II (3V range) -> RME ADI-2 Pro fs R

Test resistors are those ones.

After a few seconds, the amp's protection switches the outputs off at 2x100W/4.2 ohm (20.6Vrms)

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm 2 channels loaded Crop.png

Multitone 5W 4.2 Ohm both channels loaded
(Again, those are preliminary test results. I probably have to improve my test setup. I run this for comparison / benchmark)

AIYIMA A200 Multitone 5W 4.2 Ohm.png

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Topping PA5 is $350 which is about double the A200. Also have fun with the RMA lottery this thing is undergoing. I wouldnt touch a PA5.

To me is the older TPA chip drivers worth it? Like if its well under $100 that's one thing but you may as well go the A300... many of us bought if without Amir's review as yet but I'd be surprised if it doesnt get recommended.,

I'm ok with the Fosi or A07 sub $100 units but once you get to around $150 - $200 they're out of their league.

To me $300+ is a bit of a considered purchase... especially if you know you're going to play Topping RMA bingo.

I say this as someone who bought a Jungson power amp but I knew they had a really good reputation going in. So far it looks like Aiyima and SMSL have a pretty good rep?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
while I agree that power is overrated especially in nearfield operations it doesnt operate in isolation

am i happy with the 13w you get from some $99 amps?

am I happy with 50w if it comes with bad sinad and sub 16 bit noise floor?

am I happy with 50w if it costs $349 and fails and I have to pay $75 to get it shipping to china?

am I happy with 50w if it comes from an older TPA architecture but it costs $75 all up?

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Second attempt:

I'm measuring one (purchased directly from Audiophonics)

- SINAD around 84dB @5W 4.2 Ohm RCA In
Still mainly following noise (some mains noise and odd harmonics)

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm 2 channels loaded 2nd Crop.png

- Max power (<0.1THD 997Hz 4.2Ohm) 101W/ch for 2 channels loaded

Set-up:
RME ADI-2 Pro fs R (2V out) -> A200 rca > Autoranger II (3V range) -> RME ADI-2 Pro fs R

Test resistors are those ones.

After a few seconds, the amp's protection switches the outputs off at 2x100W/4.2 ohm (20.6Vrms)

Multitone 5W 4.2 Ohm both channels loaded
2nd attempt

AIYIMA A200 Multitone 5W 4.2 Ohm 2nd Crop.png

Frequency response 4.2 Ohm

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm FR.png

NB: I think I'm using a different methodology than what @amirm is using for 5W SINAD measurement.

I guess he's first setting the amp's volume to get a standardized 29dB gain and then changes the analog generator level to get a 5W output level.

I'm using a 2V input signal and then set the volume to get 5W.
Gain is then much lower, at around 7dB.

Last edited:

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another attempt

Now with volume to max and lowering the DAC output level to match 5W (4.2 Ohm, 2 channels loaded)

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm 2 channels loaded Max Volume Crop.png
AIYIMA A200 Multitone 5W 4.2 Ohm Max Volume Crop.png

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some tests with Bluetooth

Volume set for 5W output 4.2 Ohm, both channels loaded

First with Bluetooth Output level at 0dBFS

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm 2 Channels Bluetooth 0dBFS.png

Things get better when you dial down volume to -3dBFS

Result is now not that degraded, when compared to @amirm's USB test (72dB SINAD)
Limiting factor is noise.
Bandwidth is probably limited though (To be checked)

AIYIMA A200 5W 4Ohm 2 Channels Bluetooth -3dBFS.png

EDIT:
This plot looks quite similar to Amir's results with the Topping BC3 in APTX mode:

Topping BC3 Measurements Bluetooth Aptx.png

Last edited:

strukturforscher

Hello, can maybe some other Aiyima A200 Owners answer me a question?
I like the Amp, but found two bugs in mine, would be interesting if others had this problems also.
The louder i put it, a ground noise comes out the speakers, it gets louder till full power, than it is gone,
and if i push the multifunction knob to get bluetooth connection, a loud pop noise comes out the speakers, and
they move very hefty. is this how this amp usually acts, or is it a fault of my personal unit ?
Kind Regards from Germany and sorry for the bad English

Simfunk

Forum Donor
Hello, can maybe some other Aiyima A200 Owners answer me a question?
I like the Amp, but found two bugs in mine, would be interesting if others had this problems also.
The louder i put it, a ground noise comes out the speakers, it gets louder till full power, than it is gone,
and if i push the multifunction knob to get bluetooth connection, a loud pop noise comes out the speakers, and
they move very hefty. is this how this amp usually acts, or is it a fault of my personal unit ?
Kind Regards from Germany and sorry for the bad English
Also greetings from Germany, @strukturforscher ;)! I own an A200 and cannot confirm the bugs that you describe, neither the rising ground noise nor the pop when you switch to BT.

Top Bottom