• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 130 57.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As much as it would be "free", to do it badly, I think it is better not to do it at all.
Or, for that matter, do it right even if the final price goes up a very few dollars.
I agree.
And anyway, imho, the main feature a true desktop amplifier needs is a remote control for volume and input select. Having to get up from the listening point to adjust volume is quite inconvenient...
Desktop: to me: implies that you are near enough to it to not NEED a remote (however, I would be willing to pay a few extra $ for one, as there are other use cases).

I do not have a remote on my main system, getting up and changing settings is not something I do often and for me it is not onerous. But there are folks, (like my mother) for whom it would be onerous if they had to do it every time they used the system.
As it is, she makes her selection of input (because I likely have it on a different selection than she would use) & then does whatever she does while listening to music. (Sitting & listening doesn't happen with her, she is always doing something other than just sitting).

Saponetto

Have to agree with all of you.
The DAC-stage within the A08, and for sure within its successor A200 too, is enough for daily office pc-plug listening but it's useless for any "reasonable" quality desktop system, and honestly speaking i was hoping not to see it again in its recent iteration, unavoidably giving its effort on the final price of this versatile device.
In order to bypass the limitation of the QCC3034 stage, one of my 08s works in a satisfactory way with an E30 plugged on it.

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-09_14-03-34.jpg
    photo_2022-09-09_14-03-34.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 122

Midnight Audiophile

Aiyima missed the boat on this one imo, no sub out. I'm very happy with my A07s. On the A07 the 3.5mm aux. out can be used for full frequency applications as well as a powered sub. At $69-79 depending on the power supply option it's hard to beat. I have one of mine paired with a FX Audio DAC-SQ3 I got from Amazon for less than $50 with a Prime deal. So for $130 I have a very capable DAC with pre-amp volume control and a remote, and an amp with a sub out. Just no bluetooth in this setup which I wasn't looking for. Small footprint and they look good together : )

SmackDaddies

The DAC is there for free and convenience.
Exactly. People buying this amp are not looking for "audiophile" quality, but good enough price, power and function combination.

If it is not "good enough" for your needs, then buy something else . The lack of remote is what kills it for me - it is a function that I want. Others needs are different. I am not going to dog a product because it does not meet my needs. I will just buy something different.

Saponetto

Good thought that i can easily share, in its second section.
Anyway, I can hardly believe that the presence of the dac-bt chip does not impact on the final price of these devices.

Being the price a primary factor on devices obviously not aimed at HiFi use but at desktop/office function, I was hoping to see the 08 "MkII" redefined as a simple power brick without these opinably convenient characteristics.
Maybe two front selectable RCA inputs, but no more.
Just my 5 cents, of course.

Remlab

Forum Donor
A little off topic, but just bought 4 AO7’s to run the mains(with two Mini dsp 2x4HD’s) Behringer stuff strictly for sub duty.

Attachments

• BCAA0B3B-7DB1-44D4-B556-B3B6C385D7D9.jpeg
    BCAA0B3B-7DB1-44D4-B556-B3B6C385D7D9.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 175

Trudius

The power supply unit of A200 is 42V/7.5A.

It is the highest voltage among the TPA3255 amplifier products so far.
It appears to be less than its predecessor, the A08, which used a 36V and 9.6A. I believe @Xulonn posted a review here awhile back.

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Aiyima missed the boat on this one imo, no sub out. I'm very happy with my A07s. On the A07 the 3.5mm aux. out can be used for full frequency applications as well as a powered sub. At $69-79 depending on the power supply option it's hard to beat. I have one of mine paired with a FX Audio DAC-SQ3 I got from Amazon for less than $50 with a Prime deal. So for $130 I have a very capable DAC with pre-amp volume control and a remote, and an amp with a sub out. Just no bluetooth in this setup which I wasn't looking for. Small footprint and they look good together : )
Sounds like a good pairing. The new SMSL AO100 amp has a remote, BT and sub out. Digital volume, Bass and Treble control. Nice all in one package for about $120 shipped. I still am liking and using my A07 too, where I need a bit more power.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kissing cousins? Brothers from different mothers?
202209_BRZHifiAiyimaCloneComp.jpg

Although the Aiyima was born a bit later since it supports a Bluetooth5.1
Both appear to have a genetic problem because I don't see an indicator for the USB input.
Aiyima chipsets: TPA3255+QCC3034+ESS9023+TL072.
I really like the open-frame PS idea for ease of service and replacement on the BRZHiFi. I could not find any photos of the Aiyima internals.
BRZHiFi does not have a college degree and sells for under $100.:confused:

Kevinfc

Unless having an internal power supply matters to you, I can’t see why you’d chose this over the A07. A bit more power, but not enough to make much difference to me.

SmackDaddies

Kissing cousins? Brothers from different mothers?
View attachment 229785
Although the Aiyima was born a bit later since it supports a Bluetooth5.1
Both appear to have a genetic problem because I don't see an indicator for the USB input.
Aiyima chipsets: TPA3255+QCC3034+ESS9023+TL072.
I really like the open-frame PS idea for ease of service and replacement on the BRZHiFi. I could not find any photos of the Aiyima internals.
BRZHiFi does not have a college degree and sells for under $100.:confused:
company also sells an Aiyima A07 type for $32, no ps

Saponetto

I replaced the caps immediately.
Asked Aiyima CS info about the bump, and they told me what was the cause and how to get rid of it.
Of course they sent me the replacement caps for free.
Problem solved. :)

Attachments

• Caps_Replacement_3.jpg
    Caps_Replacement_3.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 161

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I replaced the caps immediately.
Asked Aiyima CS info about the bump, and they told me what was the cause and how to get rid of it.
Of course they sent me the replacement caps for free.
Problem solved. :)
So it came with original caps that had made it through their quality inspection (for whatever reason). And when their customer service was made aware of the issue with your unit, they explained what they knew about it and what to do about it. They then sent you new parts to replace the offending parts. So, they handled it graciously. Problem solved, proving that they are one of the "good guys" of companies. Cool!

Saponetto

Yes, from my side it took place in an easy-peasy way.
Their CS also asked me to send a slo-mo video showing the event, and when they reverted to me their solution, it was only after their tech division had a clear answer on it.
Nothing to regret about Aiyima CS, they are really on the "good side", fully aimed at support their customers.

noel_fs

a bit pricey for my taste, i would go for the hypex's that are a better investment

Saponetto

a bit pricey for my taste, i would go for the hypex's that are a better investment
For sure I'm not going to buy an A200 in its current price tag, already having its previous iteration happily running as second/desktop rig.

Top Bottom