• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 169 71.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 24 10.2%

• Total voters

nikb299

Using the Aiyima 08 pro to drive Elac b5.2s and I think I might need to upgrade the power supple to get the most out of the speakers. (I am new to this so still trying to get a grasp of all the math behind amp vs. speaker stuff)

Is there a power supply I can use where I don't need to splice/solder wires on? Just a straight up plug and play?

Thanks for the help! Learnt a lot from you guys just lurking this forum even though a lot of it goes way over my head :)

grogi.giant

What is really surprising is that these companies they don't get that if you just change the look and make it simpler / curated / professional they have in the hands a best seller product!!! It really fits all that I need right now (TPA3255, tone controls, line out) but, sorry AIYIMA! don't want this weird shapes on my desk! ;)
Really hope someone from the company is reading this forum!
We could eventually even make a poll: would you buy this amp if it had a standard simpler look?

Such amp exists - it is called Aiyima A07Pro.

Lgray51

if the pic shows the levels as 'flat' well then that would get my goat.

But the performance of this is what I would welcome for $100! I think the fact there's some 'shtyle' to the case is even better. I feel like a normal style steel case wouldnt be as well received by many.

Also note there's a dac with tube section and a preamp w/ phono stage you can buy that fits in the top slot.
Are you saying a dac and preamp will plug into this unit somehow? That would be great.

linuxfan

Attachments

• AIYIMA-A08.jpg
    AIYIMA-A08.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

El_Arte

What is really surprising is that these companies they don't get that if you just change the look and make it simpler / curated / professional they have in the hands a best seller product!!! It really fits all that I need right now (TPA3255, tone controls, line out) but, sorry AIYIMA! don't want this weird shapes on my desk! ;)
Really hope someone from the company is reading this forum!
We could eventually even make a poll: would you buy this amp if it had a standard simpler look?

It’s highly subjective, of course.
I love the industrial design of this amp. There isn’t a shortage of brick-looking things out there. Even AIYIMA makes some.
So, everyone can find what they like.

01svtL

Has anyone retested this with a stronger PSU to see if it'll put out higher power and, if so, how the SINAD changes if at all? Would it just distort increasingly worse at the higher power?

grogi.giant

Has anyone retested this with a stronger PSU to see if it'll put out higher power and, if so, how the SINAD changes if at all? Would it just distort increasingly worse at the higher power?

Untill you reach the limits of the chip (which are approx. 200w per channel into 4 ohm), the distortions will stay more-less at the same level.
Screenshot_20230208-201641.png

Last edited:

Rickdpc

Having some sort of remote, (Wireless or even Wired), would have to be essential for me to use, at least conveniently anyway. Would a quality made wired potentiometer of the correct resistance be able to suite my need?

grogi.giant

I'm not understanding this. Doesn't Amir's measurement rate it at just under 100w @ 4ohm, and where he says distortion starts to show pretty quickly after this?

The distortion kicks in because he is using the stock power supply (36V/6A ~ max 216W), which cannot cope anymore. Give it much stronger Power Supply (and proper cooling!), the distortions will come later.

You cannot upgrade the PSU forever - the chip is designed with certain maximum voltage. If more is fed, it will start to malfunction.

01svtL

The distortion kicks in because he is using the stock power supply (36V/6A ~ max 216W), which cannot cope anymore. Give it much stronger Power Supply (and proper cooling!), the distortions will come later.

You cannot upgrade the PSU forever - the chip is designed with certain maximum voltage. If more is fed, it will start to malfunction.
Suggestion for a power supply in the $100 range that would be better? It seems silly to pay more for the power supply than the unit itself.

Hapo

...can you use the aux output for a powered subwoofer...???...

john11

With some amps the bluetooth can interfere and cause noise problems. Have you noticed anything like this with the A08

GabrielPhoto

So guys I am considering this 08 Pro the 07 Pro which seems to be the same but with BT 5.2 instead of 5.1 and no meter.
OR my original plan was the SMLS SA300 or DB18. But at least according to cheapaudioman, those SMLS are outdated and thin sounding and he prefers 3255 based ones.
What you guys think?

john11

BT can interfere and cause noise that's why i went for the A07 non pro.
There really isn't much between the models you mentioned in terms of absolute sound quality, the A08 may be a little more reliable due to upgrades.
The A04 is still the best sounding out of them all

GabrielPhoto

BT can interfere and cause noise that's why i went for the A07 non pro.
There really isn't much between the models you mentioned in terms of absolute sound quality, the A08 may be a little more reliable due to upgrades.
The A04 is still the best sounding out of them all
I should have seen cheapaudioman power cable video before...now I know nothing he says has any value lol

Top Bottom