• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 169 71.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 24 10.2%

• Total voters

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Some are vehemently against those, though.
Phase relationships of the audio signal was all the rage when EQ/PEQ where all the rage in the 80's and 90's and people carried that dislike of EQ/PEQ due to phase relationships through to today. Phase relationships are something that just is and the benefits of EQ/PEQ far outweigh any phase relationship arguments.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Entropy

Honestly? Looks rather ugly, I dont find the addition of that VU meter gratifying. Pricing is alright, performance is alright, seems to me like a "fine," Borderline "not terrible."

ljk

This is the problem with "budget" gear, I see it on watch forums as well, usually about Chinese watches. People who have their own biases and would never buy these items in a million years rubbish it anyway. I never comment with any definitive opinion on anything unless I've tried it myself. I'll maybe say I've read a bad review or there are suspected issues (if I hear of any) but I can't generalise or be confident something isn't great unless I own it.

Then there's political bias that comes to play. Saw it on a US forum thread about Aliexpress / Chinese speaker cable, some going wildly off topic calling members crazy names and questioning how patriotic they are because they aren't buying American-made. Counterfeit items, I don't agree with either, though.

emc71

What is really surprising is that these companies they don't get that if you just change the look and make it simpler / curated / professional they have in the hands a best seller product!!! It really fits all that I need right now (TPA3255, tone controls, line out) but, sorry AIYIMA! don't want this weird shapes on my desk! ;)
Really hope someone from the company is reading this forum!
We could eventually even make a poll: would you buy this amp if it had a standard simpler look?

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
my feeling about that is that if you're after a conventional box, there's others out there

if you're after silver alloy extruded, they're there

if you're after painted sheet steel, they're there too

to my sense of aesthetics if you can live with the chipset and how it works then this box design would not stop me

isnt the Aiyima A07 pretty much *THIS* amp anyway? but cheaper and simpler box?

45-55w power is about the same in reality

emc71

my feeling about that is that if you're after a conventional box, there's others out there

if you're after silver alloy extruded, they're there

if you're after painted sheet steel, they're there too

to my sense of aesthetics if you can live with the chipset and how it works then this box design would not stop me

isnt the Aiyima A07 pretty much *THIS* amp anyway? but cheaper and simpler box?

45-55w power is about the same in reality
I own the AIYIMA T9 and find it a great little amp so not complaining against this company at all! but they could at least sell also another "standard" version without that recess/groove in the middle! Just this! And with an added remote control... wow, would be perfect for me! ;)

I have an A07 with LM4562 op amp. The A08 Pro sounds subjectively flatter and harsher to me and my partner's ears. Could this be due to the op amp? What could be causing this? I have the tone controls in the central position. Speakers are Wharfdale Evo 4.1s.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
yeah if you throw tubes in the mix then any comparison is largely out the door

this is step many of us dont want to take

expect distortion to a level you may enjoy

gnat_leader

Sorry the T9
Yeah, I'm also interested in Aiyima T9 Pro subjective opinions and comparing sound overall/general to other op-amp/no-tube vs tube-buffer chip amps.

don't expect anything (pre conceived ideas) is always the best way to audition audio equipment. Results can often be unintuitive and surprising.

CamboDragon Audio

T5 if you need the phono in, otherwise the Aiyima T9 Pro with optical and USB inputs (and TPA3250 chip) is a better deal.
well, if you don't care about the lack of tone controls.
Hey, I'm probably only the fifteenth person to reply to this -- I saw it and then stopped reading the rest of the thread -- but the T9 Pro definitely still has tone controls and you do *not* need the remote to operate them. All you have to do is double-click the volume knob, and that will cause the left-side display to toggle through bass, treble, and back to volume.

Megaken

The presence of bass and treble dials with no tone defeat is a deal breaker for me. How do I adjust them at home for flat response without any measurement equipment?
Why not just set them to 0?

Top Bottom