• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 169 71.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 24 10.2%

• Total voters

Kip

Just picked up an A08 pro and really like it. Tone controls are very smooth sounding. I don't care that there is no disengage or flat indent. I am 74 yrs old and don't ever listen to any music flat. I must have tone controls.
Has anyone disengaged the meter or it's LED/Lamp? I listen and watch in a darkened room and dislike the meter light and the useless meter. Instructions would be a big help. I'm not technical but have assembled a couple of Hafler kits ( now you see how old I am), so I can follow good instructions. Thanks much in advance.
The pragmatist in me is forcing me to mention black electrical tape for some reason :)

I wanted to make a correction to a prior post. The T8 goes from -10 to 10 for bass and treble. For some reason that post does not show an option to edit anymore. Is this an automatic anomaly occurring when the paginator went from 14 to 15, or after additional responses editing is disabled ??

Last edited:

Karl17

I have an A07 amplifier. Question - does it make sense to buy an A08 Pro? I'm not interested in looks or power, just sound quality. After all, they are both on the same chip and, apparently, should sound the same. Who listened and compared both, please tell me whether it is worth buying the same sound in a different box?

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have an A07 amplifier. Question - does it make sense to buy an A08 Pro? I'm not interested in looks or power, just sound quality. After all, they are both on the same chip and, apparently, should sound the same. Who listened and compared both, please tell me whether it is worth buying the same sound in a different box?
I think the better move would be the new Aiyima with PFFB You may notice a degree more in over all sound quality over the standard A07 and A08 but I cannot guarantee that personally.

Top Bottom