• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 vs. A08

Moopie

Hello,

I plan to buy an Aiyima A07 or A08 (will use only the RCA inputs).
Maybe here is somebody who owns or knows both of them and can tell me whether one is superior to the other (sound wise) as both use the same chips.
I do not plan to change opamps or replace the PSU of the A07 with something that requires soldering skills :p

So far, from a friend I know that the A08 produces some noise/clicking when not playing music... Very quietly (you have to put your ears directly on the speaker in a pretty silent environment to hear it). But as soon as music is playing (or some steps back) you cannot notice this anymore.
This is not the case with the A07 of another friend. There is no noise when not playing music... As long as the RCAs are connected to a source, like a phone.

But unfortunately I did not have the chance yet to hear both amps side by side. That's why I was hoping someone here already made a comparison or has an opinion about that.

Best regards

JSmith

Master Contributor
I plan to buy an Aiyima A07 or A08 (will use only the RCA inputs).
Well if you're only going to use RCA, then just get the A07. The A08 has digital input as well, so has a DAC inbuilt.

A07 has been measured here and isn't too bad for a budget amp... A08 is unknown in this regard.

JSmith

johnvandyke

Have owned the A08 but am returning it due to break-through from the bluetooth module to the audio chain - clicking sound independent of volume through both channels. Aiyima engineers confirm this is expected but with high efficiency speakers in near field the clicking is easily audible during silence and quiet music passages. A pity because, with upgraded op amps, it sounds pretty decent for the price through RCA's. Included Bluetooth and DAC and low spec and sound it.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the A07 to power my KEF HTC 3001 SE center channel speaker. It does just fine, especially considering the center is flanked by a pair of LS50 Metas powered by a Purifi Eval 1.

If you already have a DAC, you probably don't want the A08, unless you find the convenience of an all-in-one box compelling. The A08 is also almost double the cost of the A07. Again, if you already have a suitable DAC....

I have the A07 with upgraded op amps and IMO it sounds way better than the A08 Pro. The pro seems flatter and duller and harsher which is a shame. Love Aiyima. Going to get some mates around and see if they agree or if I'm being paranoid.

Also ordered the T8 and T9 Pro to see if there's a pairing that works nice.

JRKC

I have the A07 with upgraded op amps and IMO it sounds way better than the A08 Pro. The pro seems flatter and duller and harsher which is a shame. Love Aiyima. Going to get some mates around and see if they agree or if I'm being paranoid.

Also ordered the T8 and T9 Pro to see if there's a pairing that works nice.
Interested to know your thoughts on the A07 vs T8 & T9 Pro.

And where's a good resource for op amp upgrades/mods for the Aiyima and other D Class amps?
Thanks.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
For integrated bluetooth, I've been happy with my SMSL AO-100 amp. The Aiyima A07 amp is still my budget champ for just RCA-direct sound.

Top Bottom