• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi, I have a replacement board for this amp - but I can't seem to remove the Volume Dial from the old board? Is there a trick to removing the volume dial (e.g. volume at 0, then pull hard on the volume button??). I obviously do not want to break it as I need to attach it to the replacement board.

Thanks

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi, I have a replacement board for this amp - but I can't seem to remove the Volume Dial from the old board? Is there a trick to removing the volume dial (e.g. volume at 0, then pull hard on the volume button??). I obviously do not want to break it as I need to attach it to the replacement board.

Thanks
Pull the knob off, then there is a nut that you will have to remove under the knob.

trungdtmc

I solder 2 leds into blank pin at volume board but they stay light up even i toggle switch off LOL. I dint check the circuit again, may be wrong somewhere.

vrobec

Can someone tell me about 1000uf/50V capacitors. I want to order A07 and thinking about replacing them with Nichicon FW 2200uF/63V which I have unused. These have 18mm diameter and 35.5mm tall. Will they fit in?

trungdtmc

Can someone tell me about 1000uf/50V capacitors. I want to order A07 and thinking about replacing them with Nichicon FW 2200uF/63V which I have unused. These have 18mm diameter and 35.5mm tall. Will they fit in?
I using nichicon fw 1000uf which have 16x25mm. As you see, it almost fit to heatsink. 35.5mm tall is over the top cover
16970053-9DF0-4404-94A3-C49346C88F0A.jpeg

trungdtmc

Do these mods make much difference? Thanks.
i hard to describe the sound but at high mid and treble feel lighter but much more detail, especially when turn up the volume louder. With 4 wima capacitors, sound also get more detail and wider soundstage than stock

hoverdonkey

i hard to describe the sound but at high mid and treble feel lighter but much more detail, especially when turn up the volume louder. With 4 wima capacitors, sound also get more detail and wider soundstage than stock
Thanks.

Roland68

Major Contributor
I using nichicon fw 1000uf which have 16x25mm. As you see, it almost fit to heatsink. 35.5mm tall is over the top cover
View attachment 215415
A thought on the often-discussed heat build-up of the heat sink and the impact on the life of the capacitors.
If you have enough space, you can make a hole in the bottom of the amplifier the size of the capacitors, solder the capacitors on the other side and add higher feet (or stilts ;o).
In this way one could also use many capacitors of other dimensions.

It would be even better to drill additional holes on both side panels, especially in the area of the heat sink (not on the top!) and then place the amplifier upright on its side (at least 5mm distance to the floor).
This way the capacitors would be completely out of the waste heat of the heat sink and the amplifier would have a chimney effect cooling.

trungdtmc

A thought on the often-discussed heat build-up of the heat sink and the impact on the life of the capacitors.
If you have enough space, you can make a hole in the bottom of the amplifier the size of the capacitors, solder the capacitors on the other side and add higher feet (or stilts ;o).
In this way one could also use many capacitors of other dimensions.

It would be even better to drill additional holes on both side panels, especially in the area of the heat sink (not on the top!) and then place the amplifier upright on its side (at least 5mm distance to the floor).
This way the capacitors would be completely out of the waste heat of the heat sink and the amplifier would have a chimney effect cooling.
Before replace inductor, i added more 2 1000uf capacitor by this way
D94554A0-82DC-4CC4-A80C-DC0D19E0EBF8.jpeg

Roland68

Major Contributor
Before replace inductor, i added more 2 1000uf capacitor by this wayView attachment 215554
Did that change the sound?
However, such a long cable is not a good idea (possible tendency to oscillate/antenna) and is also unnecessary for a switching power supply.

trungdtmc

Did that change the sound?
However, such a long cable is not a good idea (possible tendency to oscillate/antenna) and is also unnecessary for a switching power supply.
sound when add more capacitor did not change, just for sure at high power it better, my choose, but then i had removed it, haha

Roland68

Major Contributor
sound when add more capacitor did not change, just for sure at high power it better, my choose, but then i had removed it, haha
My experience is that nothing changes.
The additional capacity could have a positive effect on a "normal" power supply with transformer, rectifier and filter capacitance, but rather negatively on a switched-mode power supply. Especially at high power.

Top Bottom