• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
^Ah, I thought it was lower and didn't see they include the better power supply now. I like the integrated power supply in the more square unit.

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They all say that. That is the theoretical maximum they could output.
Note: There is now an option for with or without power supply.

View attachment 128358

Finally, some ad copy that notes the voltage and current necessary to make the A07 perform somewhere near its potential!: (at or around) 48 volts and (at least) 5 amps.

FWIW, I've settled on keeping my adjustable 10A SMPS set to 46 volts, which is as high as it can go and still maintain the same voltage whether the A07 is connected or not -- if I set the SMPS to 48 volts, the voltage drops about a volt when the amp is connected and drops a little further at high volume, but at 46 volts it holds steady regardless of what the amp is doing (or not doing). This behavior may be the result of that extra 1000 mFd of shunt capacitance I've added across the SMPS's output.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
They all say that. That is the theoretical maximum they could output.

You should wait a bit...
Allo will soon release its TPA3255 which is already positioned as the best TPA3255 on the market
It will support unbalanced and balanced inputs with some innovative improvements (air core inductors, Ultra low noise PSU, new OP amps etc)

I've been waiting for the sample

Pre-measurements are impressive !

THD+N 5W , 1Khz 0.00014
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz 0.0097
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz 0.0091
SNR : about 117DB

To be confirmed anyway )

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You should wait a bit...
Allo will soon release its TPA3255 which is already positioned as the best TPA3255 on the market
It will support unbalanced and balanced inputs with some innovative improvements (air core inductors, Ultra low noise PSU, new OP amps etc)

Is there a site or email list to get notification when it's released?

Jdunk54nl

You should wait a bit...

Pre-measurements are impressive !

THD+N 5W , 1Khz 0.00014
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz 0.0097
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz 0.0091
SNR : about 117DB

To be confirmed anyway )

We already know from @pma tests that there is more power to be had by these chips. But at the cost of more heat generated too which causes the amp to go into thermo protect mode. However, I don't even think Allo is going to get 300w x 2 out of these chips even with proper heat mitigation.

daniboun

Major Contributor
The Allo is oriented to become a SQ amplifier.
If you need power go for the Hypex Ncore NC 500/502MP.

I spoke to the founder of Allo and the module is now ready and should be produced massively soon. I am normally waiting for a sample....fingers X

daniboun

Major Contributor
I also discovered a new crazy amp is a great alternative to the. TPA325X it is based on a dual Infineon MA12070 chip and fully balanced; one chip per channel. The stock PSU is a meanwell and has a very low ripple and buffer is equiped with the Opa1678.. I will review it soon and it is really promising

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
I also discovered a new crazy amp is a great alternative to the. TPA325X it is based on a dual Infineon MA12070 chip and fully balanced; one chip per channel. The stock PSU is a meanwell and has a very low ripple and buffer is equiped with the Opa1678.. I will review it soon and it is really promising

If each chip is run in PBTL mode, this could be a winner -- depending on the price, of course. :cool:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Yesss Sabaj

Reactions: Zek

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Online documentation is skimpy.

Anyone know about running this as a monoblock - bridged for subwoofer duty?

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Online documentation is skimpy.

Anyone know about running this as a monoblock - bridged for subwoofer duty?

Probably not feasible with this product -- it seems both output chips are already running in a bridged mode (BTL? PBTL?) and there's no provision for further bridging AFAICT.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Will. Let you all know. This amp is really interesting because of its balanced inputs and its great PSU.

Since I own almost all TPA32XX amps + Hypex Ncore and Purifi : I will be able to compare

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Will. Let you all know. This amp is really interesting because of its balanced inputs and its great PSU.

Since I own almost all TPA32XX amps + Hypex Ncore and Purifi : I will be able to compare

Thanks. Are you going to get the new Allo TPA3255 amp when it comes out too?

daniboun

Major Contributor
I have a deal with the founder of Allo...He should send me a pre-sample. Looking forward to get it. Fingers X

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi. Just ears reviews.. I am not equiped to do it.
This is why I suggest you to wait for ASR to get the amp as well. But the Allo has been already measured by Allo tech team.

Top Bottom