• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

bramsat

This aiyima o7 sounds better whitout an sub,en yes its sounds better than a macinthos or bryston ....best amp ever!

KA7NIQ

This aiyima o7 sounds better whitout an sub,en yes its sounds better than a macinthos or bryston ....best amp ever!
Based on this review, I bought one directly from Aiyima. When it arrived, guess what ? No Power Supply! Aiyima were not only not helpful, but they were also extremely rude! I told them I bought their amp based on this review, and in this review Amir clearly says that the amp comes with a Power Supply. They told me they did not care what this review says about the amp coming with a power supply. So, this review needs to be changed to reflect the fact that these amps do not come with a power supply! I found an old Laptop Power Supply to use. It is 19.5 volts at 4 amps.
I have very very efficient Horn Speakers, and not only does this amp drive them to ear splitting levels, it also sounds really good too.

Sami

Based on this review, I bought one directly from Aiyima. When it arrived, guess what ? No Power Supply! Aiyima were not only not helpful, but they were also extremely rude! I told them I bought their amp based on this review, and in this review Amir clearly says that the amp comes with a Power Supply. They told me they did not care what this review says about the amp coming with a power supply. So, this review needs to be changed to reflect the fact that these amps do not come with a power supply! I found an old Laptop Power Supply to use. It is 19.5 volts at 4 amps.
I have very very efficient Horn Speakers, and not only does this amp drive them to ear splitting levels, it also sounds really good too.
Did you order A07 only or A07 with power supply?
Aiyima doesn't care what Amir ordered, why should it?

thulle

I checked out their store earlier this year, found it clearly labeled that I could order with or without the PSU. Especially when selecting bundle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-132619.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-132619.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20211129-132646.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-132646.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 123

KA7NIQ

Did you order A07 only or A07 with power supply?
Aiyima doesn't care what Amir ordered, why should it?
I ordered the A07 only, because according to Amir, it comes WITH a Power Supply. Here is an excerpt from that Review "" This is a review and detailed measurements of the AIYIMA A07 desktop amplifier based on TPA3255 class D amplifier chip. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. The cost is US $72 on Amazon including prime shipping. And as of this shipping, it also included a 32 volt, 5 amp switching power supply. Member also purchased and sent me a 48 volt/3 amp power supply which I also tested.""

KA7NIQ

I checked out their store earlier this year, found it clearly labeled that I could order with or without the PSU. Especially when selecting bundle.
I assure you, when I ordered it, there was no such option. If there were that option, I would certainly have taken it. After all, how many of us have a 32 volt 4 amp power supply just "hanging around" ? It would seem that all my arguments with the rude person at Aiyima at least got them to change the listing description ? Now, if we can get Amir to edit this, the first paragraph on page 1 in this review, I think it would be a good idea.

""This is a review and detailed measurements of the AIYIMA A07 desktop amplifier based on TPA3255 class D amplifier chip. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. The cost is US $72 on Amazon including prime shipping. And as of this shipping, it also included a 32 volt, 5 amp switching power supply. Member also purchased and sent me a 48 volt/3 amp power supply which I also tested. ""

Zek

Major Contributor
There are options on the Aiyima site to select the OP amp and the appropriate PSU.
Aiyima.png

KA7NIQ

There are options on the Aiyima site to select the OP amp and the appropriate PSU.
View attachment 168841
Back when I bought this Amplifier, these options were not there! No way I would ever order an amplifier that I have no power supply for. I really wish this amplifier did not sound so good, because I would throw it into Tampa Bay. Here is some email correspondence from Ayima, and notice how they reference Amazon, when I bought it right from them.

Re: Re: I ordered an Aiyima Class D amplifier, and did not receive any power supply with it. I did not order the optional large power supply, but I...
Yahoo/Inbox

• photo

[email protected] <[email protected]>
    To:Chris G Tucker

Wed, Jun 30 at 11:33 PM

This is not our advertise, the product page said there is no power supply and others buy it with power supply.
    Can you tell me where is false advertise?
    Reviewer said he bought A07 with a power supply, you have not buy power supply, why we need give you a power supply free.

Marion
    AIYIMA Audio
    Email: [email protected]
    Wechat: AIYIMATECH
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AiyimaAudio
    Date: 2021-07-01 11:28
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: I ordered an Aiyima Class D amplifier, and did not receive any power supply with it. I did not order the optional large power supply, but I was supposed to get the standard power supply, and it is not in the box
    I did not buy it from Amazon, I buy it from you, because review say power supply is included. This is false advertise, to send in a product for review with power supply included, then not include the power supply!
    I buy this unit based on the review

Chris Tucker
    Owner - Apple Roof Cleaning
    813 - 407-1097
    www.saferoofcleaning.com

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:04:23 PM EDT, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

This is buy it from amazon, and the product page have said there is no power supply.
    thumbnail

And amazon sell 32v power supply, not 48v7.5a power supply.

Marion
    AIYIMA Audio
    Email: [email protected]
    Wechat: AIYIMATECH
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AiyimaAudio
    Date: 2021-07-01 11:01
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: I ordered an Aiyima Class D amplifier, and did not receive any power supply with it. I did not order the optional large power supply, but I was supposed to get the standard power supply, and it is not in the box
    This review said it come with a power supply!

This is a review and detailed measurements of the AIYIMA A07 desktop amplifier based on TPA3255 class D amplifier chip. It was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. The cost is US $72 on Amazon including prime shipping. And as of this shipping, it also included a 32 volt, 5 amp switching power supply. Member also purchased and sent me a 48 volt/3 amp power supply which I also tested.

The case is standard budget audio affair:

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Aiyima sells them both ways, and they have most definitely had that option on their site for at least 6 months, when I first looked. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy, but they did nothing wrong and neither did Amir. You misunderstood and suffered for it, which is unfortunate, but you now have an amplifier you are happy with and you saved a bit of money over what you would have spent for one with the power supply included. No reason to be angry.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Aiyima folks were very helpful to me re the power supply, as at that time (late spring) their power bricks were in short supply. I had purchased an a04, they basically gave me an a07 for free with the brick, I think I paid for shipping only. I do think the a07 is the better of the two amps, it is definitely worth the price difference from the a04.

KA7NIQ

Aiyima sells them both ways, and they have most definitely had that option on their site for at least 6 months, when I first looked. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy, but they did nothing wrong and neither did Amir. You misunderstood and suffered for it, which is unfortunate, but you now have an amplifier you are happy with and you saved a bit of money over what you would have spent for one with the power supply included. No reason to be angry.

Aiyima folks were very helpful to me re the power supply, as at that time (late spring) their power bricks were in short supply. I had purchased an a04, they basically gave me an a07 for free with the brick, I think I paid for shipping only. I do think the a07 is the better of the two amps, it is definitely worth the price difference from the a04.
Well, they were not helpful to me at all, as you can see by the email correspondence I posted. They didn't do anything for me, except give me a hard time. In fact, when I sent them the review by Amir stating it came with a power supply, they ignored it, and referred me to the Amazon Listing! I have messaged Amir asking him to correct his mistake. This amp does not include any power supply, as I found out the hard way. Yes, this amp does sound very nice, but I have ordered 2 other amplifiers from China. One is an all tube amplifier, and one is a Tube/Chip Hybrid amplifier. It is my hope that one of the 2 new amplifiers sound better than this Aiyima, so I can replace it in my system. I will never ever buy anything else from Aiyima, no matter what. Aiyima COULD have said "We can see you were misled by this review", and offered to meet me 1/2 way. After all, they have benefitted greatly by this review.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Aiyima COULD have said "We can see you were misled by this review", and offered to meet me 1/2 way. After all, they have benefitted greatly by this review.
Why do they owe something? You made a mistake and assumed something and now you want them to be responsible.

Lambda

Major Contributor
it also included a 32 volt, 5 amp switching power supply.
This dose not mean everything you buy also includes a Power supply....
I can buy a cordless drill in a package with some Battery's and a charger and and i can buy just the drill without battery's and charger.
Just because i got the Package deal don't mean everything you buy frome soemware is the same package deal.

It is your responsibility to check what you are buying.

Now stop acting like a Karen

Walter

Well, they were not helpful to me at all, as you can see by the email correspondence I posted. They didn't do anything for me, except give me a hard time. In fact, when I sent them the review by Amir stating it came with a power supply, they ignored it, and referred me to the Amazon Listing! I have messaged Amir asking him to correct his mistake. This amp does not include any power supply, as I found out the hard way. Yes, this amp does sound very nice, but I have ordered 2 other amplifiers from China. One is an all tube amplifier, and one is a Tube/Chip Hybrid amplifier. It is my hope that one of the 2 new amplifiers sound better than this Aiyima, so I can replace it in my system. I will never ever buy anything else from Aiyima, no matter what. Aiyima COULD have said "We can see you were misled by this review", and offered to meet me 1/2 way. After all, they have benefitted greatly by this review.
If Aiyima had written the review, you might (small chance) have a point. They didn't. They didn't even send Amir the amp. The error was 100% yours. There is no reason why they should give you a discount. I suggest you have a good laugh about your foolish mistake and then forget about it and just enjoy the music.

KA7NIQ

This dose not mean everything you buy also includes a Power supply....
I can buy a cordless drill in a package with some Battery's and a charger and and i can buy just the drill without battery's and charger.
Just because i got the Package deal don't mean everything you buy frome soemware is the same package deal.

It is your responsibility to check what you are buying.

Now stop acting like a Karen
Normally I do check what I am buying, however, it said in the review that it INCLUDED a Power Supply. That is why I did not check, because I believed it to include the Power Supply. I had zero reasons to doubt what Amir reported in his review.

Walter

Normally I do check what I am buying, however, it said in the review that it INCLUDED a Power Supply. That is why I did not check, because I believed it to include the Power Supply. I had zero reasons to doubt what Amir reported in his review.
His did. It was bought from Amazon--although I think that Aiyima used to sell it both with and without on Amazon, also. Not certain, but I think so. He wasn't saying that all units would come with one. I can sort of understand the confusion, but not so much once you saw the supply was available at extra cost from Aiyima. But hey, it saved you money, anyway. And Aiyima support was not being rude. The abruptness was a combination of language and cultural barriers. I ran into it all the time when I lived in China.

Top Bottom