• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Raindog123

Major Contributor
a
already contact Aiyima through the platform where i bought the amplifier. I don’t expect much though.

I've heard there is an Aiyima rep here on ASR. Never met them though. Maybe other folks can point you at them...

For what it's worth, my two A07's have decent channel balance across various volumes...

sefril

The potentiometer used has very low quality and L-R balance of resistances is worst at the beginning (lowest volume). And every piece will be a bit different.
I see. So that’s why when i put little volume the balance is off. Can you recommend the better potentiometer (from Alps for example) that fit in the pcb and casing? Many thanks.

I've heard there is an Aiyiama rep here on ASR. Never met them though. Maybe other folks can point you at them...

For what it's worth, my two A07's have decent channel balance across various volumes...
If the solution is sending back the amplifier then it would cost a lot lol, so i don’t expect much.
oh btw, what voltage and ampere of your power supply? I only tried this with 24v 6a since return from the service. Still got the 48v 3a power supply (Although i hesitant to use is because i see the caps is rated 50v, too narrow right?)

Raindog123

Major Contributor
h btw, what voltage and ampere of your power supply?

See here.

(I use my 48V PS quite extensively, but with 8-Ohm speakers. So far so good. I do not think a [switched] DC power supply outputs above-nominal, so 50V power capacitors should be okay. But honestly, I do not know what industry-recommended tolerances are...)

Last edited:

sefril

See here.

(I use my 48V PS quite extensively, but with 8-Ohm speakers. So far so good. I do not think a [switched] DC power supply outputs above-nominal, so 50V power capacitors should be okay. But honestly, I do not know what industry-recommended tolerances are...)
i see. So for the purpose of my system (desktop with 4 ohm bookshelf speaker placed near listening position) the 24v is enough. I do feel more than enough volume with volume knob at 9-10 clock (1/4 -1/3 volume).
even though it’s frustrating to get this amp works normally, i do feel a lot of potential. The backsound is completely silent, the music is loud and clear with no distortion.

Enchy

Would this be sufficient to power 2 Atmos height speakers? I’m getting the x3700h and looking for the cheapest thing I can get to power the extra two channels for 7.1.4. The speakers are Polk OWM3, so 8 ohm 89db.

Piero

(...)A few weeks ago, tidying up my garage, I found a couple of VU meters and a box (originally used for a preamplifier/electronic crossover) and I decided to (try to) rise the bar in terms of power, using a TPA3255 power amplifier (...) and a 48VDC 12.5A power supply.
...And here it is :)
A "naked" A07, a power supply, a fan, an old case. It has a vintage look (a little rough, too)... but it works as expected, finally.

Regards

Inside.jpg

Front.jpg

JeffGB

I just received my Aiyima a07 from Amazon. It came with the 32v adapter. I cleaned it all off (Covid 19 paranoia) and prepared the speaker wires. I used twisted cheap speaker wire that I removed the central plastic strand from so they would fit the tiny speaker connectors. Once hooked up, replacing a Crown XLS 1500 and with an Audient iD16 mkii as the DAC and volume control. Speakers were modified Kef Q100's.

First observation is that it is quiet. Substantially quieter than the Crown XLS (the Crown is quite quiet, but with the Aiyima it is silent with ear to tweeter). It seems to be working perfectly, which was a relief, considering how cheap it was. It sounds really good to me. OCD was driving me crazy with the Crown conversion to digital and back again for no apparent reason unless you need the filters. It's been on and playing for a few minutes now and is still stone cold, so it's looking like an excellent choice for a hot summer in an apartment :).

Premonition

Has anyone else tried opamp rolling on the Aiyima A07? I've never done opamp rolling before and just bought five types to try for fun(it's like $18). I wasn't actually expecting to hear a difference, but there are pretty big differences between them. I'm liking the OPA2134PA best so far

Toku

Major Contributor
Has anyone else tried opamp rolling on the Aiyima A07? I've never done opamp rolling before and just bought five types to try for fun(it's like $18). I wasn't actually expecting to hear a difference, but there are pretty big differences between them. I'm liking the OPA2134PA best so far
There is certainly a change in the sound due to the replacement of the OP amplifier. However, it is a very slight change and the evaluation varies from person to person. Even if it is the same OP amplifier, the judgment of good or bad differs depending on the person who evaluates it. It's just like the taste of food and the interest in the opposite sex.
I've bought a lot of op amps so far, but the conclusion is that I've stopped wasting money.
However, people buy various OP amplifiers in the hope that they will improve even a little.

I ordered one of these to power my newly purchased Magnepan DWM, but will be sure to try it out on my Quad ESL-63’s first! (The DWM was purchased to complement the Quads and will be managed by a MiniDSP alongside a Yamaha servo-controlled subwoofer). Sort of curious how it’ll do.

Kalessin

Forum Donor
...And here it is :)
A "naked" A07, a power supply, a fan, an old case. It has a vintage look (a little rough, too)... but it works as expected, finally.

I'm really impressed by the result of this project! You mentioned wanting to use the amplifier for PA work, have you tried it with PA speakers?

For myself, I've been using the A07 only at my desktop, and have been enjoying the sound at the low levels used for near-field listening. At this price, the performance is outstanding, and in its retail case, it only takes up a tiny space on my very small desk.

Kalessin

Forum Donor
On my A07, the inputs are wired correctly for Left and Right channels, but the 3.5mm jack is wired backwards Left and Right, so the channels come out backwards at the speaker outputs. Does anyone else have this issue? (The quick test is to compare the two inputs using something like one of the stereo test videos on youtube.)

Toku

Major Contributor
As you may already know, the A07's 3.5mm audio input has Rch and Lch reversed.

dualimas

As you may already know, the A07's 3.5mm audio input has Rch and Lch reversed.
Is this only for the 3.5mm connection? I'm planning on using this for Atmos speakers and am wondering whether the rca input has the same problem.

Kalessin

Forum Donor
Is this only for the 3.5mm connection? I'm planning on using this for Atmos speakers and am wondering whether the rca input has the same problem.

I only have the issue on the 3.5 input jack. If only the RCA inputs are swapped, just swap the red and white connectors on your cable where it attaches to the amp input. If *both* of the inputs are wired backwards, just swap your speaker cables right-for-left. :cool:

Zek

Major Contributor
Maybe the connectors on mainboard are wired backwards.

Quick update: this appears to power Quad ESL-63’s without any issue and with good clarity and transparency. Pretty impressed, my 125ASX2 occasionally sounded weird with some music on the Quads.

Top Bottom