• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Toku

Major Contributor
The conventional pattern that connects to 3.5 mm is cut at the red circle in the photo and connected directly from the RCA input pin to 3.5 mm with a red wire.
R-ch and L-ch are exchanged by this wiring. If you are an amateur, this correction method is acceptable, but it is a terrible correction method as a method that the company does.

Attachments

• AIYIMA A02 02_2022 model.jpg
    AIYIMA A02 02_2022 model.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 153

iLoveCats

The conventional pattern that connects to 3.5 mm is cut at the red circle in the photo and connected directly from the RCA input pin to 3.5 mm with a red wire.
R-ch and L-ch are exchanged by this wiring. If you are an amateur, this correction method is acceptable, but it is a terrible correction method as a method that the company does.
Wow, I have one coming Friday. I will disassemble and see if it is the same.

nsfgp

Looks like Nagster's A07 (May 2022) is a new design board?? At least above great bottom pics showed back in 2/2022 they used manual hack job to correct the reversed 3.5mm jack channels. Probably due to too many returns/complaints.
Thank you all for posting great info and pictures.

Toku

Major Contributor
The pattern of the PC board of 3.5mm jack is obviously different between February 2022 and May 2022.

Attachments

• A07.png
    A07.png
    2 MB · Views: 182

vincenzo

While you are at it few more questions. For your May22 A07:
1. Does the volume pot seems to be linear pot(old) or log pot (what should have been used from the start)
2. Do you notice reduced input sensitivity or power (may only notice if you have used older A07 that actually shown differences in these area)?
3. When you have a chance can you post some internal pics of your May22 Amazon A07??

Q#2 is because I brought one of the last A04 too right before they disappeared from Amazon (at a much reduced price too if that matters). And it has very low input sensitivity and/or reduced power which many people already reported/complained about. Aiyima added PFFB for those A04 and noise is greatly reduced but with much lower input sensitivity. Wonder if they did similar tricks to newer A07 while they were fixing the 3.5mm jack issue.
Thank you!!
In my A04, purchased in February 2022, they had already restored the gain to over 30dB https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ni-liquid-music-system-with-aiyima-a04.31435/

meinhard57

Don't get me started - it was Lingo vs, Armageddon really, the Valhalla was gospel right from launch and I lost count of the Nirvana kits I retro-fitted (any who don't know what the hell I'm going on about, please don't bust a gut to find out :D)

No idea about moving mains switches around (I thought I knew most of the crap about this deck since I first used one in 1975, bought my first of several in 1976 and then sold and set them up from 1977, the last one done eighteen months or so ago with a Karousel bearing - nice bit of plumbing that, but it does up nice and tight to the new sub chassis one really needs for it :) ).

Around the time of my 'epiphany' in the very late 80's, another thing that finished it was a friend putting the green pen around an LP record and we both 'heard' a difference - FFS!!!!! The only 'difference really is playing a track twice in a matter of minutes or less before the vinyl has recovered (it was suggested to me the vinyl in an LP takes ten minutes to fully 'recover' after the stylus has played it - no evidence though but it made me more careful in dems). As for green penning a CD - yep, I stil bear the scars and at least it doesn't seem to have harmed the discs afflicted with it. I put the 'difference' down to some laser units being marginal in their disc reading being 'helped' by the green pen spiel but it's probably a load of bollix frankly and not sure if anyone actually analysed the reading of a given disc before and after. What WAS an issue though were discs not made to full red book standard back then, but I'm digressing really badly here - with apologies.
I was in a Hi-Fi shop in Albuquerque a few years ago with a friend and we were talking with a the salesman about some new streaming units, Class D amps and how things have changed since the 1970’s. I proceeded to make a JOKE about the green CD edge markers and he just said “yeah, that was a good tweak” (or something similar). He was serious. I was floored that there are still people out there that actually believe that that marker actually made their CDs sound better.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I was in a Hi-Fi shop in Albuquerque a few years ago with a friend and we were talking with a the salesman about some new streaming units, Class D amps and how things have changed since the 1970’s. I proceeded to make a JOKE about the green CD edge markers and he just said “yeah, that was a good tweak” (or something similar). He was serious. I was floored that there are still people out there that actually believe that that marker actually made their CDs sound better.
Back then I did too and recently played a disc I'd green penned thirty years back.

We humans are so easily deceived and hear things even when it's been shown nothing was done (A-B cable dems when actually nothing was done).

tvih

CD demagnetizers and storing your CDs in a freezer for better sound were also a thing. If you used all three tricks, must've sounded amazing indeed... o_O

More on topic, it seems ordering from France is a lengthy process, as my A07 still hasn't reached my country's postal service though it's been over a week since the last tracking update. Sigh. At this rate it won't even arrive before I'm leaving for a vacation next Tuesday.

posvibes

I am using the Topping E30 DAC with Aiyima a07; Is there any advantage or disadvantage sonically and or electronically with having the Amp near to max volume and using the DAC to attenuate volume, or having the amp dialed back some and using the DAC once again to attenuate the volume? Or is it six of one and half a dozen of the other? Is this a ridiculous question?

RHO

Major Contributor
I am using the Topping E30 DAC with Aiyima a07; Is there any advantage or disadvantage sonically and or electronically with having the Amp near to max volume and using the DAC to attenuate volume, or having the amp dialed back some and using the DAC once again to attenuate the volume? Or is it six of one and half a dozen of the other? Is this a ridiculous question?
Personally I would dial back the amp a little. Just because the end of a potentiometer tends to be less accurate then somewhere in between. And I think having to have less attenuation from the DAC can be a good thing too (bigger signal on the output gives a higher S/N ratio).

posvibes

Personally I would dial back the amp a little. Just because the end of a potentiometer tends to be less accurate then somewhere in between. And I think having to have less attenuation from the DAC can be a good thing too (bigger signal on the output gives a higher S/N ratio)
Much obliged @RHO, sounds like a plan!

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
AD18 has never been very highly regarded from what I've read.

delta76

Major Contributor
AD18 has never been very highly regarded from what I've read.
Yes no recommendation from Amir. Also it was from 2019. If anything you can be sure hifi equipment from Chinese makers obsolete fast (as new versions come out like every 6m)

Top Bottom