• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

RHO

Major Contributor
Yes, but it doesn't have a sub output. So you'd need to split the source RCA signals to get a signal to the sub, or (better probably) get a sub with high level inputs and then connect it to the speaker terminals. Looks like the SB1000 pro does have the high level inputs.
There is a 3.5mm stereo output/input on the back of the amp. You could use that to connect a sub.

nsfgp

There is a 3.5mm stereo output/input on the back of the amp. You could use that to connect a sub.
Doesn't hurt to remind again that the A07 3.5mm output/input jack has the L/R channel reversed compared to the RCA input. So deal with it accordingly if/as needed.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Doesn't hurt to remind again that the A07 3.5mm output/input jack has the L/R channel reversed compared to the RCA input. So deal with it accordingly if/as needed.
Probably unimportant for a sub - especially a single sub.

Toku

Major Contributor
Probably unimportant for a sub - especially a single sub.
No, since it is output in the full range from A07, it is mixed with the sub output and the opposite phase greatly affects the sound.
I found the 3.5mm anti-phase problem early and reported it to AIYIMA. But they didn't accept my report saying they were right.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
No, since it is output in the full range from A07, it is mixed with the sub output and the opposite phase greatly affects the sound.
I found the 3.5mm anti-phase problem early and reported it to AIYIMA. But they didn't accept my report saying they were right.
He said the LR Channel reversed, not that it was antiphase.

nagster

The image is a scope shot of the tip of the AUX3.5mm jack when the generator output is input to the RCA Lch of the A07.
aiyima_a07_scope01.jpg

nsfgp

Thank you Nagster. Does your testing means for your A07 => RCA input signal when looped for concurrent output thru the 3.5mm jack does NOT have the L/R channel reversed??
When you feed INPUT into the 3.5MM jack does the speaker channel L/R output got reversed?? (Compared to using RCA input)

My A07 is packed up for storage now but at least I can recall when using the 3.5mm jack as INPUT => the L/R channel speaker out is reversed when compared to RCA input. And I can confirm the cable are industry standard (3.5mm TRS tip goes to white rca tip for L channel).
I did not try using the 3.5mm jack as concurrent loop-back output for the RCA input signal though. I just assumed it will be reversed as well in that situation. It seems very interesting if I am wrong here seeing your test. Very curious.

nagster

Thank you Nagster. Does your testing means for your A07 => RCA input signal when looped for concurrent output thru the 3.5mm jack does NOT have the L/R channel reversed??
When you feed INPUT into the 3.5MM jack does the speaker channel L/R output got reversed?? (Compared to using RCA input)

My A07 is packed up for storage now but at least I can recall when using the 3.5mm jack as INPUT => the L/R channel speaker out is reversed when compared to RCA input. And I can confirm the cable are industry standard (3.5mm TRS tip goes to white rca tip for L channel).
I did not try using the 3.5mm jack as concurrent loop-back output for the RCA input signal though. I just assumed it will be reversed as well in that situation. It seems very interesting if I am wrong here seeing your test. Very curious.
I don't know if I understand your post. I am bad at English. I hope the image will be helpful.
This time the generator output was connected to the A07's 3.5mm jack.
By the way, my A07 was purchased from Amazon in May this year. The serial number was not found.
aiyima_a07_scope_11.jpg

Attachments

• aiyima_a07_scope_12.jpg
    aiyima_a07_scope_12.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 68
  • aiyima_a07_scope_13.jpg
    aiyima_a07_scope_13.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 62
  • aiyima_a07_scope_14.jpg
    aiyima_a07_scope_14.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 68
  • aiyima_a07_scope_15.jpg
    aiyima_a07_scope_15.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 3p5-rca_01.jpg
    3p5-rca_01.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 3p5-rca_02.jpg
    3p5-rca_02.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 70

nsfgp

Thank you Nagster ... you are a wonderful asset to ASR ... always willing to help and do extra when asked.
Yes your A07 has the reversed channel issue of the 3.5mm jack fixed!! So looks like new units at least after May, 22 from Amazon should expect to have the fix in place.
I will be damned ... Aiyima finally fixed it after so long ... better late than never I guess. Good stuff.

nsfgp

While you are at it few more questions. For your May22 A07:
1. Does the volume pot seems to be linear pot(old) or log pot (what should have been used from the start)
2. Do you notice reduced input sensitivity or power (may only notice if you have used older A07 that actually shown differences in these area)?
3. When you have a chance can you post some internal pics of your May22 Amazon A07??

Q#2 is because I brought one of the last A04 too right before they disappeared from Amazon (at a much reduced price too if that matters). And it has very low input sensitivity and/or reduced power which many people already reported/complained about. Aiyima added PFFB for those A04 and noise is greatly reduced but with much lower input sensitivity. Wonder if they did similar tricks to newer A07 while they were fixing the 3.5mm jack issue.
Thank you!!

Zek

Major Contributor
And I can confirm the cable are industry standard (3.5mm TRS tip goes to white rca tip for L channel).
Yes, you are right.
If you have a multimeter, you can check how the 3.5mm connector is connected to the RCA connectors on A07.

nagster

Voltage gain vs. volume position graph, Level sweep graph and Internal photo.
aiyima_a07_gain_03.png

Attachments

• aiyima_a07_thdn_gen_02.png
    aiyima_a07_thdn_gen_02.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 91
  • aiyima_a07_thdn_meas_02.png
    aiyima_a07_thdn_meas_02.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 128
  • aiyima_a07_21.jpg
    aiyima_a07_21.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 130
  • aiyima_a07_level_00.png
    aiyima_a07_level_00.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

tvih

Welp, looks like I ended up ordering one. Wasn't planning on it but needed to order another device to drive an old DIY sub, so snagged it at the same time to "split" the postage. Technically it's to drive my surround speakers for equipment chain gain staging purposes, but who knows, might end up using it for the fronts... at least it should have a better SINAD than the current one, and slightly more wattage. Probably gonna sound the same anyway, though.

iLoveCats

I ordered another one too. My garage amp is taking a dump (Dayton APA150) this Aiyima will easily be better than the Dayton.

Toku

Major Contributor
What you mean ”anti-phase” - only left and right channel are swapped, what does that have to do with phase?
sorry! I seem to have posted something wrong. Please ignore.

Top Bottom