• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks. Might just skip the amp and go with a pair of active Neumi BS5Ps.

1643907621719.png

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hey guys, I got my Aiyima about a month ago, and its developed a distinct popping when a track starts/stops. It did not do this out of the box.

Setup: PI4 USB w/Moode Audio > Topping E50 (volume controlled here) > Aiyima with volume set to 3/4 or sometimes full.

When I switch to my DIY IcePower 200ASC amplifier (which has no gain settings), the problem goes away.

Normally I would have suspected an upstream source of the popping, but knowing that when I switch out the amplifier it goes away, leads me to the Aiyima.

If the amp is receiving an analogue signal it is not possible for the amp to be causing the popping when a track changes - there is nothing the amp gets that "tells it" when the start of a track is - so it can't pop at start / end of track unless the pop is in the analogue signal sent to it.

drfrink24

If the amp is receiving an analogue signal it is not possible for the amp to be causing the popping when a track changes - there is nothing the amp gets that "tells it" when the start of a track is - so it can't pop at start / end of track unless the pop is in the analogue signal sent to it.
I hear you. I cannot explain why it goes away when swapping amplifiers. Only difference is one is balanced TRS to unbalanced RCA vs. balanced TRS to Balanced XLR inputs.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I hear you. I cannot explain why it goes away when swapping amplifiers. Only difference is one is balanced TRS to unbalanced RCA vs. balanced TRS to Balanced XLR inputs.
Yep - sounds like you've got a ground issue of some description possibly disturbing the USB connection to DAC. Also worth a try driving the DAC from a different source - especially if you have a source that can send optical TOS link to the DAC.

wave

Finally, it arrived!

Got the amp for 54.35€, including shipping / any import fees and VAT.

On the same day, I received the power supply I ordered from here:

I got the 48V version for 32,74 € including shipping and fees. According to specs it can do 400W 8.3A at 48V, with maximum ripple 240mV peak to peak.

The power supply has 4x 63V "Chang" 470uF output capacitors.

I decided to add a cap to lower even more the ripple and AC mains hum.

I didn't want to void the warranty of either the amp or the power supply, so I added the cap right before the dc jack that goes into the amplifier!

Pics attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 241

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a common problem with feeding balanced DAC output to single ended amplifier input. See this post for details:

Raindog123

Major Contributor
got the 48V version for 32,74 € including shipping and fees. According to specs it can do 400W 8.3A at 48V, with maximum ripple 240mV peak to peak.

I didn't want to void the warranty of either the amp or the power supply, so I added the cap right before the dc jack that goes into the amplifier

Don’t forget to enjoy your music too! :)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Finally, it arrived!

Got the amp for 54.35€, including shipping / any import fees and VAT.

On the same day, I received the power supply I ordered from here:

I got the 48V version for 32,74 € including shipping and fees. According to specs it can do 400W 8.3A at 48V, with maximum ripple 240mV peak to peak.

I didn't want to void the warranty of either the amp or the power supply, so I added the cap right before the dc jack that goes into the amplifier!

Pics attached
The cap is unlikely to do anything useful.

svinyard

What's as good as the Aiyima A07 but with bluetooth? Seems like that little amp and that price point is super nice but I need bluetooth out of it and I don't want another thing daisy chained in.

Loxji A30 is an option but they are 185$ now which is more than I want to spend. What else is highly recommended by comes with bluetooth support? Or do I just bail on bluetooth and find an old apple TV or something to run my music via Wifi? I think my Mom has an old echo Dot she isn't using...tho I freaking hate Jeff Bezos listening to my life and asking my kids what their names are.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's as good as the Aiyima A07 but with bluetooth? Seems like that little amp and that price point is super nice but I need bluetooth out of it and I don't want another thing daisy chained in.

Loxji A30 is an option but they are 185$ now which is more than I want to spend. What else is highly recommended by comes with bluetooth support? Or do I just bail on bluetooth and find an old apple TV or something to run my music via Wifi? I think my Mom has an old echo Dot she isn't using...tho I freaking hate Jeff Bezos listening to my life and asking my kids what their names are.

MeMe

It's been a while since the AIYIMA A07 was released.
Does anybody know about a similar budget Chinese amp that beats the AIYIMA?

TheWalkman

It's been a while since the AIYIMA A07 was released.
Does anybody know about a similar budget Chinese amp that beats the AIYIMA?
The Aiyima 04 is a great little amp and there’s a a. Ery long thread about mods over on DIY Audio. Both amps are bargains.

svinyard

Any know if I can run TWO inputs into the A07? I'd like to run a Turntable into the RCA's and also run a Belkin SoundForm (airplay2) into the 3.5 jack and be able to use them alternatively. Worried that it seems like it can only ever do one which sucks because the 80 A07 and 50-80$ airplay setup is a pretty freaking sweet budget combo.

El Cheapo

Any know if I can run TWO inputs into the A07? I'd like to run a Turntable into the RCA's and also run a Belkin SoundForm (airplay2) into the 3.5 jack and be able to use them alternatively. Worried that it seems like it can only ever do one which sucks because the 80 A07 and 50-80$ airplay setup is a pretty freaking sweet budget combo.
I think those two inputs are likely shorted inside the box. Aiyima says: "3.5 mm AUX and RCA input port cannot be used as input at the same time."

svinyard

Exactly.

Exactly
Understood. Is there a decent switcher or something that you'd recommend for getting dual inputs? I'm open to any ideas. I need a phono too...have a Art DJ pre but perhaps there's a phono that has switching that's decent? I'm new to this side so forgive my ignorance.

Toku

Major Contributor
Understood. Is there a decent switcher or something that you'd recommend for getting dual inputs? I'm open to any ideas. I need a phono too...have a Art DJ pre but perhaps there's a phono that has switching that's decent? I'm new to this side so forgive my ignorance.
Do you already have a phono equalizer amplifier?
If so, use an amplifier that has two inputs and can be switched between them. I recommend Topping PA3.

If you need an amplifier with a built-in phono equalizer, AIYIMA sells the following products.

Haskil

Forum Donor
Les fiches bananes ne sont pas adaptées pour les sorties HP....

Top Bottom