• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Toku

Major Contributor
Les fiches bananes ne sont pas adaptées pour les sorties HP....
Why do you think so?
I think using a banana plug is best for the speaker terminal of a small amplifier made in China. The connection is easy and the contact resistance is low enough.
It is unstable to plug and tighten wires directly into such a small speaker terminal.

Haskil

Forum Donor
Why do you think so?
I think using a banana plug is best for the speaker terminal of a small amplifier made in China. The connection is easy and the contact resistance is low enough.
It is unstable to plug and tighten wires directly into such a small speaker terminal.
It’s impossible to use banana with this excellent amplifier : the banana is too big for connection ! I have this amplifier…

Scrufboy

At the end of the day - it doesn't matter whether or not you think you were rude. It matters what others feel about it. Because that is what will determine how they interact with you. Look at how many responded with thumbs up to my first reply to you. How many of them do you think will be wary about responding to you in future?

It is your choice how you deal with that.
Sorry for such a late reply...

This though, in reality is incorrect. If an overly sensative individual assigns an incorrect value to an interaction with another and decides to be offended. That's on them. If there is a gaggle of said individuals... All supporting each other in that delusion... That's on them.

I don't ever give in to that nonsense and neither should anyone else. That's how that "gaggle" over estimates their opinions and their value.

Likes reflect nothing... Example - If fifty dumbasses like something stupid that one dumbass says... It doesn't validate the statement of the dumbass. It just proves that there are 51 dumbasses to contend with.

You see this happening today, more and more...

Facts matter... Feelings, not so much.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry for such a late reply...

This though, in reality is incorrect. If an overly sensative individual assigns an incorrect value to an interaction with another and decides to be offended. That's on them. If there is a gaggle of said individuals... All supporting each other in that delusion... That's on them.

I don't ever give in to that nonsense and neither should anyone else. That's how that "gaggle" over estimates their opinions and their value.

Likes reflect nothing... Example - If fifty dumbasses like something stupid that one dumbass says... It doesn't validate the statement of the dumbass. It just proves that there are 51 dumbasses to contend with.

You see this happening today, more and more...

Facts matter... Feelings, not so much.
Yes. Facts matter,, and the fact is that by the standards of most people, you were rude.

jbl590

Has anyone used one of these 8 channel aiyima tpa3255 boards?

I'm wondering about power supply needs, I don't think I can find a 36 or 48v supply with enough amps, or how well it would work connected directly to my 24v lithum solar power battery bank?

How are people supposed to power one of these? Is there any discussion of others using this board? I am hoping to drive it with something like this soundard:

Will this work ok? I'm running an aiyima a07 version with bt built in to see how well it drives my jbl 590, even with a 19v supply it's not too bad, but I would like more bass and top end, will the lithium bank give me about the same performance I get with 19v power brick or more because it has no current limit?

Also does anyone know what the power draw will be for that 8 channel board when on, but no sound is being produced? Power draw is so low on the a07 I have that I can't see it on my inverter, so I cant estimate 4x the load.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone used one of these 8 channel aiyima tpa3255 boards?

I'm wondering about power supply needs, I don't think I can find a 36 or 48v supply with enough amps, or how well it would work connected directly to my 24v lithum solar power battery bank?

How are people supposed to power one of these? Is there any discussion of others using this board? I am hoping to drive it with something like this soundard:

Will this work ok? I'm running an aiyima a07 version with bt built in to see how well it drives my jbl 590, even with a 19v supply it's not too bad, but I would like more bass and top end, will the lithium bank give me about the same performance I get with 19v power brick or more because it has no current limit?

Also does anyone know what the power draw will be for that 8 channel board when on, but no sound is being produced? Power draw is so low on the a07 I have that I can't see it on my inverter, so I cant estimate 4x the load.
If you look at the specs for most commercial AVR's their rated power is never for all channels at once. So you should take the same approach. No need to go for 8x100 watts or whatever. I'd suggest going for a 300 to 400W PSU at most.

What makes you think your lithium power bank has no current limit? It might not have a limit circuit - but if it doesn't and you overload it it will fry. I don't think a power bank is suitable for driving this at all.

jbl590

If you look at the specs for most commercial AVR's their rated power is never for all channels at once. So you should take the same approach. No need to go for 8x100 watts or whatever. I'd suggest going for a 300 to 400W PSU at most.

What makes you think your lithium power bank has no current limit? It might not have a limit circuit - but if it doesn't and you overload it it will fry. I don't think a power bank is suitable for driving this at all.
Thanks

The litium bank has 100A bms on each 12v battery with 2s2p it would take 4800w to hit that, technically there is a current limit but nothing the amp could run into. Running direct off that sounded appealing to minimize power draw on my solar system, the less voltage conversion going on the less power it would use. Plus I was hoping that might help give me a benefit in lower noise if there's no a/c, no wall wart, or inverter involved.
The cleanest lowest noise power supply there is.
I wanted to drive 6 jbl590 plus a 504c in stereo surround mode so I'm guessing it would be more power draw than your typical surround setup.
Most of my sources would be streaming video services though and their copy protection and output limitations may make this impossible, I have more research to do. If I could find an affordable class d a/v receiver with low idle draw I could use that, but I can't find one with less than 75w draw at idle so far, and that's too much.

Last edited:

Haskil

Forum Donor
J'utilise sans problème les prises d'enceintes de marque Nakamichi avec les amplis Aiyima, ainsi que mes anciens SMSL SA-50, sans problème.
Elles sont beaucoup trop longues et n'entrent pas au fond des prises de l'ampli...

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks

The litium bank has 100A bms on each 12v battery with 2s2p it would take 4800w to hit that, technically there is a current limit but nothing the amp could run into. Running direct off that sounded appealing to minimize power draw on my solar system, the less voltage conversion going on the less power it would use. Plus I was hoping that might help give me a benefit in lower noise if there's no a/c, no wall wart, or inverter involved.
The cleanest lowest noise power supply there is.
I wanted to drive 6 jbl590 plus a 504c in stereo surround mode so I'm guessing it would be more power draw than your typical surround setup.
Most of my sources would be streaming video services though and their copy protection and output limitations may make this impossible, I have more research to do. If I could find an affordable class d a/v receiver with low idle draw I could use that, but I can't find one with less than 75w draw at idle so far, and that's too much.
Ah - a solar battery. If you can get the necessary volts out of it, then it might do the job.

Though it might be clean when not charging, I'm guessing it is charged from the panels via an inverter. These are horribly noisy things - no idea how well the battery outputs are isolated from that noise source.

jbl590

Ah - a solar battery. If you can get the necessary volts out of it, then it might do the job.

Though it might be clean when not charging, I'm guessing it is charged from the panels via an inverter. These are horribly noisy things - no idea how well the battery outputs are isolated from that noise source.
Luckily I live in oregon so solar charging is minimal and I can control when I run the generator. :)

lansings

Hello. Tell me, does it make sense to change the internal wires from the board to the terminals to thicker ones?

Attachments

• 1645281215419 (1).jpg
    1645281215419 (1).jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 130

jbl590

Can aux 3.5 on aiyima a07 be used to power headphones?
It isn't a powered connection or controlled with the volume control. Technically if you ran the headphone jack out of your tv into the a07 inputs and then connect headphones to aux you'd head the audio, but that's because the tv is driving the headphones and the aiyima is just acting like a y connector not the a07 driving anything.

jbl590

No, because it is input to A07, not output.
wrong it is both input and output,my powered sub runs off it, it is not volume controlled by a07 or amplified by a07 but it is an output of whatever is input on the rca's. The rca's are also an output of whatever is input on aux it's just like a y connector with both connected.

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor
wrong it is both input and output,my powered sub runs off it,
Wrong, it is just in parallel with RCA inputs and therefore forwards the input signal from the RCA inputs.

Top Bottom