• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Redheart

IMG_20211204_161830.jpg
IMG20211204161858.jpg

It's a tight fit but it fits the nichicon 63v 1000uf

Safety certification says EU FU

Raindog123

Major Contributor
is there any options for adding a subwoofer at aiyima a07?

Active or passive? It passes the input signal through its 3.5mm jack - that can be wired to an active sub. But it bypasses the volume knob, so impractical if you plan using A07’s volume control. For a passive sub, you would need a second amp…

Last edited:

AntGom

Active

AntGom

Active or passive? It passes the input signal through its 3.5mm jack - that can be wired to an active sub. But it bypasses the volume knob, so impractical if you plan using A07’s volume control. For a passive sub, you would need a second amp…
thx. So, the only problem will be the volume? I will use it thru bluetooth, so i will control the volume from my phone or laptop. The output quality of 3.5mm jack will be ok you think?

Raindog123

Major Contributor
The output quality of 3.5mm jack will be ok you think?

I think it will be fine - on par with your Bluetooth. :)

My understanding, it’s nothing but a straight connector-to-connector [RCA to 3.5mm] wiring. (As I recall, at some point people complained that the 3.5mm jack was left-right chan flipped — but it hopefully got fixed since and is irrelevant for a subwoofer anyway.)

AudioArchitech

You need a Preamp with a variable Pre-out or Sub out to control volume of A07 and Sub together. If looking for something inexpensive, Aiyima T8, T6, Douk P1…. or get a Dac with Volume control and Sub out. ie: SMSL D0200

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
much thanks.

I bought the tpa3255 board at around $25
I will test it with my Klipsch R-41M (50w rms / 100w peak)

I'm thinking about putting 36V 5A configuration
Which tpa3255 board did you buy? They don't all have the same performance.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I don't think we've seen any measurements on that one. May or may not be any good, and may or may not have pop issues on power on/off.

xor

ShuiYuan does not have pop issues on power on/off. But there is hiss on sensitive tweeter.

Maciel88

ShuiYuan does not have pop issues on power on/off. But there is hiss on sensitive tweeter.
"hiss on sensitive tweeter" only on turn on/off circuit?

(maybe it's better to change the board to the original aiyima a07 :p )

Digital_Thor

Power supply voltage is way more impotent than continuous power!
for any kind of real world load or for any kind of real world signal (aka music)
and especially for a the combination of real world load and real world music
Yes - we need higher rail-voltage and good driver stages for real world loads :cool:
Tested my class H subwoofer amplifiers on both Magico Q7 and B&W 800 - sounds great on both. I "only" use transformers with +/-105V - but the modules are build for +/-120V - but - that should be plenty for my use anyway :D
I surely see the "power" in making things small, efficient and easy to work with, but as said earlier, we can't just focus blindly on a few specifications. We need to take the entire system into consideration, with gain, max SPL, efficiency, price, size and DIY-ability.... maybe hearing loss and neighbors too ;)

Attachments

• H-amp.JPG
    H-amp.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

GD83

Hello everyone, I bought this little amp for the sum of 46 euro on Aliexpress.

I would need the power supply that suits it best, it will fit in an office room and really won't run at high volume, no need for a war power supply^^

I will probably pair it with a DacTopping D10s but for two other elements I don't know what to choose, as a headphone amp I'm thinking of the Topping L30 but I don't know if it's really the best choice, the other problem is my turntable vinyl (Rega Planar 2 from 1975), I don't know how to best link it to this system, what element I need (no tube systems please).

Thank you for your possible clarifications.

EDIT: I am French, please try to talk to me in a clear and simple way, for my part I do my best to speak English.

Kunglaux

is there any options for adding a subwoofer at aiyima a07?
Yes, it is easy to add one as long as you are using an active sub. I have an A08 (same unit virtually) and you just need to use the speaker level inputs on the sub and wire them to outputs on the A07 (along with your speaker wires). You can use spades for the sub and bananas for the speakers, or find splitter wire. Set the relative volume appropriately on your sub and the A07 will control the overall volume of your speakers and sub in tandem.

AntGom

Yes, it is easy to add one as long as you are using an active sub. I have an A08 (same unit virtually) and you just need to use the speaker level inputs on the sub and wire them to outputs on the A07 (along with your speaker wires). You can use spades for the sub and bananas for the speakers, or find splitter wire. Set the relative volume appropriately on your sub and the A07 will control the overall volume of your speakers and sub in tandem.
thanks. Could you post a link of your subwoofer?

Top Bottom