• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

KA7NIQ

If Aiyima had written the review, you might (small chance) have a point. They didn't. They didn't even send Amir the amp. The error was 100% yours. There is no reason why they should give you a discount. I suggest you have a good laugh about your foolish mistake and then forget about it and just enjoy the music.

His did. It was bought from Amazon--although I think that Aiyima used to sell it both with and without on Amazon, also. Not certain, but I think so. He wasn't saying that all units would come with one. I can sort of understand the confusion, but not so much once you saw the supply was available at extra cost from Aiyima. But hey, it saved you money, anyway. And Aiyima support was not being rude. The abruptness was a combination of language and cultural barriers. I ran into it all the time when I lived in China.
Amir does say in his review that the amp goes into current limiting, with the bigger power supply. I honestly believed the amp came with the smaller power supply, and since I have giant Horn Speakers that are well over 100 db efficient, I felt no need for a larger power supply. In fact, I am currently running this amp at 19.5 volts at 4 amps, and it runs my speakers at levels that can damage your hearing + it sounds great too! If not for Amir, I would have never known about this amp!

conuss

KA7NIQ

Take out Amir's brain and demand a power supply from him! Stop hysteria, otherwise you are being nursed like a little child.

conuss

LOL, if not for Amir, I would have never known about this wonderful little amplifier!
Just think about why you're the only one facing this terrible problem, and be glad you didn't end up overpaying.

Eggs Ackley

Let me rub a little salt...

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 191

KA7NIQ

Probably not. I'm not sure what you paid, but prices on most items from China have gone up due to increased shipping costs.
No, I meant Wetowne got a power supply included for free, but I didn't.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, I meant Wetowne got a power supply included for free, but I didn't.
It wasn't free. He selected the option with the power supply. As I said, prices have gone up since June. It is now $84. Stop looking for reasons to be upset!

KA7NIQ

It wasn't free. He selected the option with the power supply. As I said, prices have gone up since June. It is now $84. Stop looking for reasons to be upset!
Did you even look at the JPEG that he posted ? There was no option checked, the power supply was included for free, in his deal, and not in mine.
That is why he posted "to rub a little salt in your wounds". He was trying to show that he did get the free power supply, and of course, I did not.

Walter

Did you even look at the JPEG that he posted ? There was no option checked, the power supply was included for free, in his deal, and not in mine.
That is why he posted "to rub a little salt in your wounds". He was trying to show that he did get the free power supply, and of course, I did not.
The option selection is on the order page, not the cart. Think what you want. I give up. I tried to help, but no more comments from me on this subject.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

KA7NIQ

The option selection is on the order page, not the cart. Think what you want. I give up. I tried to help, but no more comments from me on this subject.
Actually, you did help! This statement by you really helped me to understand that Aiyima was not being rude to me " And Aiyima support was not being rude. The abruptness was a combination of language and cultural barriers. I ran into it all the time when I lived in China." TY for posting that!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hdc6bb909b9bd44939c9d177537fd2c2bj.jpg

From Ali Express. $73 with power supply and $51 w/o. Pretty good deal.

Last edited:

AudioArchitech

I have a Aiyima A08. Connect speakers, connect E30 DAC to RCA Inputs, no music playing, turn up the volume and start to hear (faintly) noise at around 9 o'clock, gets louder and nasty at around 1-2 o'clock. Is this normal? Same test on my Audiolab amp and it's dead silent all the way to max volume. Any A07 owner's experience this too?

(Fyi, I have tried with E30 plugged into USB Laptop and via a Battery bank, no difference in this test result)

Last edited:

Walter

I have a Aiyima A08. Connect speakers, connect E30 DAC to RCA Inputs, no music playing, turn up the volume and start to hear (faintly) noise at around 9 o'clock, gets louder and nasty at around 1-2 o'clock. Is this normal? Same test on my Audiolab amp and it's dead silent all the way to max volume. Any A07 owner's experience this too?
I don't have an A07, but that is pretty typical behavior for a low cost Class D amp.

AudioArchitech

Funny how many people rant and rave about these TPA3255 amps like they are better than Accuphase, Bryston... blah blah blah. Are the JLE 3255 really that much better?

prod

(Fyi, I have tried with E30 plugged into USB Laptop and via a Battery bank, no difference in this test result)
Just set up my E30 into an A07 with Drok PS with Moode on Raspberry Pi zero 2w with Athena ASB1's. Dead silent 0 to max vol. It seems to be very nice desktop system. I'm liking it.

AudioArchitech

maybe there is an issue with this unit. should mention that my speakers 89db sensitivity 4 ohm, high end crossovers, and are very very revealing.

prod

maybe there is an issue with this unit. should mention that my speakers 89db sensitivity 4 ohm, high end crossovers, and are very very revealing.
Athena's are supposedly 90db efficient FWIW. They sound decent particularly at lower volume with EQ and they were free. E30 is in DAC mode not PRE.

Top Bottom