• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Thanks for this review. I almost ordred a couple for some projects but had not yet quite made up my mind, actually was leaning very close to yes.
Seeing this review I will be bowing out. Not quite what I am looking for.
I can certainly see why some folks will be very pleased and can see how this would be a good fit for many.

*I do wonder how much more power it produces with a larger supply. Likely not worth testing again though.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Happy new year @amirm !

Great review.
Could you do a listening test like you did for the Loxjie?
In the TPA3255-based amp offering from 3e-Audio, there is some buzz in the speakers. I'd like to know if this one produces some as well.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Tpa3255 has 4 individual channels, so
you can have TWO BTL channels
or ONE PBTL(parallel) channel
or FOUR SE channels.

Got it.

TPA3255 315-W.png

TPA3255 315-W _2.png

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Average performance that becomes acceptable for the dirt cheap price.

gvl

Major Contributor
Are there any decent bare amp BTL boards based on this chip?

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Am I understanding this correctly?
At -90dB, the mains hum should not be noticeable audibly, right? Or it might be, with sufficient loudness / speakers with sufficient sensitivity? Like if the volume knob is turned to max.

pma

Major Contributor
Thanks for this review. I almost ordred a couple for some projects but had not yet quite made up my mind, actually was leaning very close to yes.
Seeing this review I will be bowing out. Not quite what I am looking for.
I can certainly see why some folks will be very pleased and can see how this would be a good fit for many.

*I do wonder how much more power it produces with a larger supply. Likely not worth testing again though.

I have just ordered one pc at Amazon.de, priced EUR 59.42, free shipping. I will make my own measurements with a large linear power supply and post it in a separate thread. I will also measure out-of-band spectrum and noise and behaviour with complex load, as well as behaviour at low power with respect to the noise.

pma

Major Contributor
Am I understanding this correctly?
At -90dB, the mains hum should not be noticeable audibly, right? Or it might be, with sufficient loudness / speakers with sufficient sensitivity? Like if the volume knob is turned to max.

It is -90dB with respect to 5W/4ohm, i.e. with respect to 4.472Vrms. This would be -77dBV and this is audible with a speaker with common 86-90dB/2.83V/m sensitivity. However, no measurements at lower power like 100mW were shown. This would tell if the hum components are constant or level related. If it is a case of PSRR, hum will depend on used power supply filtering as well.

whazzup

It is -90dB with respect to 5W/4ohm, i.e. with respect to 4.472Vrms. This would be -77dBV and this is audible with a speaker with common 86-90dB/2.83V/m sensitivity. However, no measurements at lower power like 100mW were shown. This would tell if the hum components are constant or level related. If it is a case of PSRR, hum will depend on used power supply filtering as well.

Ah, got it thanks!

pdmjoker

Forum Donor
It seems as if ASR (ie Amir) is in danger of getting a reputation for producing objective and credible reviews!

I recently read an amplifier review on another website which said that none of their lab measurements suggested why the item being tested sounded as good as it did. Hmm...

phoenixsong

phoenixsong

To the knowledgeable souls here, how is the total distortion of the amp and speakers calculated? I'm wondering if this combined with the JBL Stage A130 will be better than my current LSR305s for instance

DuncanTodd

Maybe some member can later clarify, so far I found a hint #467 in the TPA3255 thread that Amir probably tested the revisited design.
There are a few builds of the products named A04/A07. Some internal parts are different (like capacitors). Later ones seem to have a green board, older ones have a black one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom