• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

pma

Major Contributor
I got mine today. Two surprises:

1. There was no power unit included with the amp
2. It came straight to me without customs

You seem to be in Finland. If you ordered from Amazon in EU, they ship without power supply and there is no customs fee, as the EU shops of Amazon operate according to EU laws, if it is shipped from their stock in EU and not directly from the supplier in China.

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Mean Well power supplies are often mentioned here but can anyone recommend a 'plug&play' power supply (clean case, no extra wiring required) as an upgrade to the stock 32V 5A?

Zoomer

there are no certifications visible/shown

Fair enough, but I guess Audiophonics customer support could clarify that. They're a reputable shop.

soundwave76

Forum Donor
You seem to be in Finland. If you ordered from Amazon in EU, they ship without power supply and there is no customs fee, as the EU shops of Amazon operate according to EU laws, if it is shipped from their stock in EU and not directly from the supplier in China.

No it came from China, but they had labeled the content to $20 :)

EDIT: I ordered the FX amp mentioned above. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Reactions: pma

Eetu

Forum Donor
Meanwell GST280A 48V / 5,84A / 280W

FX-AUDIO 36V / 6A

Not a clean case, but comes with all the wires:

Aiyima 48V / 7.5A 360W
Thanks, I didn't know about the GST series, Since I have the A04 I think I'm going for the GST160A24 (24V 6.7A 160W) + DC plug adapter. Seems to be a clean one:
Screenshot_20210119_195419.jpg

estbarul

The Aiyima D05 has more functions and features, but maybe not as low distortion for some applications. The TAS5352 amplifier IC is very old (current TAS5352 DS is 2007) and is NOT recommended for new designs.

Aiyima D05 Chips set: CM6642, TAS5508, TAS5352A, QCC3008, CS8422, WM8782

View attachment 107442

View attachment 107443
Thanks a lot for the explanation, I read the D30 review and it sure looks like the better buy at the price range, seems like better than AVRs at 200$ price range! Thanks a lot!

I thought chips were better with numbering, like usually happens with CPUs and GPUs hehe thanks for the explanation! I'll get a Loxjie when available.

Synergy4

....I thought chips were better with numbering, like usually happens with CPUs and GPUs hehe thanks for the explanation! I'll get a Loxjie when available.

The numbering and names on ICs are often controlled by the Applications/Marketing department. The IC part numbers and letters often describe the function or a related product roadmap series (by the alphanumeric sequence location). Sometimes a new manager of Applications/Marketing department will change the whole product numbering scheme. The alphanumeric name changed five times on one of the ICs I designed before it was released.

simosm

Thanks, I didn't know about the GST series, Since I have the A04 I think I'm going for the GST160A24 (24V 6.7A 160W) + DC plug adapter. Seems to be a clean one:

I am thinking of exactly the same upgrade for my A04, from stock 32V 5A to the GST160A24. If you do the the change, please update if the SQ improvement is worth it.

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
I think that it's worth pointing out that the SINAD and power of this amp are comparable to (the speaker amplifier section of) the $599USD PS Audio Sprout100 -- so, if you already have a line level source suitable for your media preferences and don't mind hunting down an appropriate PSU, as pure amplification this thing performs on a par with an imported "entry level" product from a "high-end" U.S. audio company for under $100USD (with PSU).

Steamrolly

Late to the game but ordered an A07 from Ali Express yesterday. Finding a properly certified (reasonably priced) power supply for use in Canada is posing to be a challenge. What are the odds that this one is really CSA certified?
Magnetbest 32v 5a

I will be using 8ohm speakers, tiny Wharfedale 210's and my concern is more to maximize sound quality (within the limitations of this amp, D class etc) and much less for maximum volume. My Rega IO and my previous Nait both aren't powerhouses; don't worry I am not comparing the A07 to either of those just making my point that I don't really care about how loud it can go.

Steamrolly

@Steamrolly: Good build quality, all possible certification markings, and my 6-Ohm boxes sound great with it.
Thanks, however what I don't see on the majority of the power supplies available from Amazon or Ali Express is cUL, cETL or CSA certification, which is technically required for use in Canada. The Magnetbest 32v 5a appears to be CSA certified, but I also bought a 'Rolex' while for $20 when visiting Time Square, NY in 1989!:cool:

cyberzigot

2A (3A) would not be enough for driving A07 properly.

With all due respect, it drives it well enough. Even a 32v 5a does the job. Proper.
I don't understand the fetish of running the amp at it's maximum spec and generating unnecessary heat.

Top Bottom