• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 dying ???

xtal_01

Hey!

Got my A07 last week ...connected it to a Yamaha MG10 mixer and some Neumi BS5 speakers ... seemed to work great.

Now after a week, I notice when my level meters on the mixer go to 0 (when talking into a microphone), the amplifier cuts out!

It will sometimes come back ... sometimes I need to power it down then turn it back on.

I have the amazon version that came with 32 v 5A power supply.

I have the volume about 3/4 up.

Do I have a bad amp?

Seems to be getting worse.

Mike

D

Deleted member 46664

Do I have a bad amp?

Seems to be getting worse.

Mike

Probably not ... It is more likely it's going into protection mode or the power supply is shutting down.

Try simply turning the volume down a bit and see what happens.

Also try keeping the mixer volume down ... most mixers output PLL (professional line level) which is more than this amp is designed for.

Also check the amplifier and supply casing for heat... I'm betting one or both are getting pretty warm.

This isn't an amp or speakers I would suggest for for sound reinforcement or public address. It's more for your living room stereo.

Top Bottom