• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 Single Channel (L) Static

dearMrGenesis

I got myself a AIYIMA A07 one year ago and was rather happy with it, but recently I noticed a rather pronounced static comming from my left speaker. After doing some testing, I come to the conclusion that it has to be a problem of the A07 L Out:

- No matter what speaker+cable combination i try, it is always the one connected to L OUT that is noisy (R OUT is fine = normal noise level)
- The noise is independet of the amplification power (i.e volume) + only on one channel, so I dont think it comes from the power supply
- The static noise is present even if I do not connect anything to the A07 Audio IN, so it has to come from within the amplifier

A similiar issue was raised by @Blazi3 in the Beginner Forum but it was never resloved, so I thought I try it again in the amp forum (since it is a amp problem i guess).

I would be happy for any comment pointing me in the direction of the problems origin. I was thinking I potentially have to replace/resolder some parts, e.g. the TPA chip or a capacitor? Maybe even the people from @AIYIMA can help me out with this one?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I very much doubt this is user serviceable, without professional level electronics kit and skills. And probably uneconomic for professional service.

If you have a decent warranty period from the supplier, go that route. If not you may just have to cut your losses, and get something else.

OP
D

dearMrGenesis

thats a shame... Aiyima support on ali not beeing helpfull either, I think thats what I will have to do. Thanks for the advise anyways.

Toku

Major Contributor
I got myself a AIYIMA A07 one year ago and was rather happy with it, but recently I noticed a rather pronounced static comming from my left speaker. After doing some testing, I come to the conclusion that it has to be a problem of the A07 L Out:

- No matter what speaker+cable combination i try, it is always the one connected to L OUT that is noisy (R OUT is fine = normal noise level)
- The noise is independet of the amplification power (i.e volume) + only on one channel, so I dont think it comes from the power supply
- The static noise is present even if I do not connect anything to the A07 Audio IN, so it has to come from within the amplifier

A similiar issue was raised by @Blazi3 in the Beginner Forum but it was never resloved, so I thought I try it again in the amp forum (since it is a amp problem i guess).

I would be happy for any comment pointing me in the direction of the problems origin. I was thinking I potentially have to replace/resolder some parts, e.g. the TPA chip or a capacitor? Maybe even the people from @AIYIMA can help me out with this one?
The OP amplifier used in AIYIMA's products may contain suspicious products, and sometimes symptoms such as noise may appear.
If you have the skill to remove the top cover of A07, please replace the OP amplifier of R-ch/L-ch on the PC board and check the change of noise. Or try replacing it with a reliable OP amp.

BinaryWhisper

Personally I agree on the op amp replacement, I'm a bit of a gambler though.

I bought mine through mouser and they were mostly pretty cheap, the Burrbrowns not so much, but basic good reputation ops are like $5 to $10 a pop and they have it to your door 1 to 2 days.

Top Bottom