• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 PRO

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it's such a bad idea to push these amps to their top possible limits. Unless people are just doing so (and modifying the heat sink and cases, etc.) for kicks. Who would want to listen with more than 5% distortion? Not me, anyway. They are really good for high efficiency speakers played at normal room volume levels...

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
if you go by the review of the old A07 the unit does 45-65w at good thd - these should drive just about any speaker that isnt crazy

i would imagine this is absolutely fine for the intended purpose and the sub $100 cost?

i mean what is your expectation for that money? now they throw in balance and tone

can only be a good thing...

Roland68

Major Contributor
It was the brick that came with my Nobsound NS-01-G pro amp Output 12V/5A. It seemed plenty of power for my light use, so I hoped it might work. I factored in that it might not - the nobsound is sounding pretty good with my Topping D10s dac - I can spend the time waiting for the aiyima brick in getting used to the nobsound/Topping combo, so I can hear (hopefully!) the aiyima improvement after plenty of experience. The lowest recommendation for the aiyima is 24V/5A. After watching a few videos, I decided to plump for 32V/5A, which is the brick it usually comes with.

Here's the delivery from China to UK - four days to get out of China and into the UK, 10 days+ stuck in the UK "transit office".
  • 2022-11-24 15:10

H500aa15a28e84fc8b66fdfd9000d5e337.png

Out for delivery
    Arrived at transit office
  • 2022-11-24 15:10

Received by local delivery company
  • 2022-11-23 16:58

Leaving from departure country/region
  • 2022-11-21 05:05

Arrived at departure transport hub
  • 2022-11-21 00:10

[Fenggang Town]Processing at sorting center
  • 2022-11-19 21:48

[Fenggang Town]Processing at sorting center
  • 2022-11-19 20:38

Received by logistics company
12 volts are not enough, the chip needs at least 18V, recommended from 24V.
36V/9.5-10A represent the best compromise.

UK didn't do themselves any favors with the customs story, after 2 years it's still not working.
China shipments to Germany are now often there in 10 days.

Jacob8275

Hi! According to the situation where you want to achieve 300W output power, it is recommended that you make the following changes: 1. Remove the case and increase the heat sink.
2. Add a heat exhaust fan to reduce the heat generated by the chip.
3. Try a 50V12V switching power supply, and the output can reach 300W under the condition of 10% distortion. The existing A07 and A07PRO of TPA3255 can use 48V10A power board, 4ohm 240W*2 distortion 10%.
Including all TPA3255 chips on the market, they cannot reach 300w*2. But we have designed the maximum optimal power. At present, we have developed a more suitable 36V6A power supply, which can reach 6ohm/100w.
Not a good idea.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
if you go by the review of the old A07 the unit does 45-65w at good thd - these should drive just about any speaker that isnt crazy

i would imagine this is absolutely fine for the intended purpose and the sub $100 cost?

i mean what is your expectation for that money? now they throw in balance and tone

can only be a good thing...

2V out to my old 6 ohm Diamond 8.2s was on the edge of being uncomfortably loud to me at 2 meters. That's just 0.7 watts.

Mal

12 volts are not enough, the chip needs at least 18V, recommended from 24V.
36V/9.5-10A represent the best compromise.

UK didn't do themselves any favors with the customs story, after 2 years it's still not working.
China shipments to Germany are now often there in 10 days.
The brick just arrived - first blast listening to Sibelius introduced by Jarvi on BBC Radio 3! Great way to start - Lemminkäinen's Return blasting through this incrediby powerful litte amp. I can tell instanty it's a lot better than the nobsound. With the nobsound I was rushing to the equaliser to tame the top end, with the aiyima I'm not rushing to change anything. Just listening. Jarvi has a wonderful dulcet tone to his voice... no significant vocal sibilance, which was another problem with the nobsound.

First impression is that Topping 10s + Ayima 07 + Wharfedale 9 must be competing for the bargain audiophile computer speaker prize.

Now there's a Wagnerian soprano blasting out at wine glass smashing frequencies - which would usually have me rushing to switch off the nobsound, with the aiyima I'm quite enjoying it, not feeling any pain. Really smooth top end.

Thanks to amir for pointing out this great amp.

One of the videos I watched had reservations about a higher rated brick, so I thought it safer to go with the 35V/5A amir used, and amir said was OK, and the one that comes with it when it's sold as a package. It certainly seems OK - I only get to 10am on the dial before it gets too loud for my preferred volume.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

The brick just arrived - first blast listening to Sibelius introduced by Jarvi on BBC Radio 3! Great way to start - Lemminkäinen's Return blasting through this incrediby powerful litte amp. I can tell instanty it's a lot better than the nobsound. With the nobsound I was rushing to the equaliser to tame the top end, with the aiyima I'm not rushing to change anything. Just listening. Jarvi has a wonderful dulcet tone to his voice... no significant vocal sibilance, which was another problem with the nobsound.

First impression is that Topping 10s + Ayima 07 + Wharfedale 9 must be competing for the bargain audiophile computer speaker prize.

Now there's a Wagnerian soprano blasting out at wine glass smashing frequencies - which would usually have me rushing to switch off the nobsound, with the aiyima I'm quite enjoying it, not feeling any pain. Really smooth top end.

Thanks to amir for pointing out this great amp.

One of the videos I watched had reservations about a higher rated brick, so I thought it safer to go with the 35V/5A amir used, and amir said was OK, and the one that comes with it when it's sold as a package. It certainly seems OK - I only get to 10am on the dial before it gets too loud for my preferred volume.

That higher rated brick.. You must be referring to Randy of cheapaudioman YT channel. He disregarded the recommendations made by members of ASR and bought the SMPS that Aiyima sold at the time. I too bought that power supply and it died after days. Members here have bought one model from meanwell and some of us have purchased a DROK 48V 10A supply that you can dial in the voltage. I run my A07 at 34v 10A with this SMPS and it's perfect.

This though friend is a thread about the A07 Pro not the A07. So perhaps discussing the A07 should be done on an A07 thread. So as not to sow confusion. The A07 has plenty of threads that are active in regards to power, upgrading, modification & troubleshooting, etc.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
eh... i would imagine these products are exactly the same except for the tone controls... hence the same mods and psu 'rolling'

and i'm thinking aiyima will discontinue the old version?

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

eh... i would imagine these products are exactly the same except for the tone controls... hence the same mods and psu 'rolling'

and i'm thinking aiyima will discontinue the old version?
That would be somewhat incorrect... Although we don't know - or shall I say, we have not yet verified, as we have not seen the internals. This new model does show on the product page certain changes...

If it isn't broke... So layout and design won't change too much. But adding tone controls... Those need to be seen and tested. Perhaps they prove to be crap implementations. Adding Bluetooth... I have seen an A07 board on AliExpress that shows that it is the same as the A07 just with that empty space on the board taken up by the Bluetooth module and corresponding components.

5 op-amp sockets on A07 Pro vs 2 on A07
Higher grade caps
Higher grade sagami inductors

Tone controls as you mentioned. But also Bluetooth, just no LDAC.

As far as discontinuing the A07 - They released an A08 then an A08 pro and did not discontinue the other model. Will they though? That remains to be seen. I doubt they will.. They may downgrade the internals a bit... Who knows. I have had 4 A07's, still have 3 and all of the internals are different on each to a certain extent.

Also, as far as other improvements or differences... Based on what could have and should have been implemented correctly on the A07 - The 3.5mm jack and the RCA inputs will most likely not be connected and reversed as they were in the beginning. I actually use the 3.5mm jack as input on my A07 and the RCA out to the subwoofer amplifier. My first unit had vicious cross talk and forced it to be used with 3.5mm as input and RCA out. However left/right channel testing had significant crossing... I could hear the left channel data on the right channel and vice versa. Aiyima claims to have corrected this in the A07. I have not tested it in my currently in-system model though nor have I tested my third unit.

The Pro most likely will be 3.5mm out only and the RCA's strictly input. We shall see.

The original was and is an excellent Amp for the money. Not too many ways to improve upon or change it other than internal components used and better implementation of the rest of it.

sthaus

With Aiyima A07, I've never been succeed to turn the volume to over half (>12o'clock) ... as result of power discruption (sound cut in & out) even though I used PSU 48v 5a .. Same with Fosi tb10d to my floor standing speaker Canton DC509. As Fosi Troubleshooting explained, it might has a short circuit and need to adjust the volume or bass, trebe button down ??? and its working fine with below half volume. Strangely. A07 does not have treble or bass button but volume only and it works with half volume only .. I guess the problem is the PSU supply is not power good enough.

For price value vs sound quality .. I cannot say negative about . I hope they will solve the Power issue (quality control issue) for their products before claiming ( 300w+300w ) .. A07 Pro might face the same issue ?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i cannot imagine how an 07/Pro 'cuts out'... the Cantons look like 88dB floorstanders so will really get super loud with a low power amp

unless there's some underlying issue where you have TWO China amps of different origin playing up

perhaps use a more established Western amp and see if you get the same results... does the unit dip hard under 3 ohms???

sthaus

i cannot imagine how an 07/Pro 'cuts out'... the Cantons look like 88dB floorstanders so will really get super loud with a low power amp

unless there's some underlying issue where you have TWO China amps of different origin playing up

perhaps use a more established Western amp and see if you get the same results... does the unit dip hard under 3 ohms???
I dont have many small amps to test out except those above A07 and Fosi tb10d (both facing the same issue );
I also did test on SMSL AO200 (50-90w), and never had issue with max volume on my Canton. and also on my Jap amp like denon and yamaha;
It is also without issue on my chinese mono blocks 2 x Sabaj a20a 2022. (claim 350w each).

If the speakers drained alot power .. SMSL AO200 should facing the same problem .. ??? or just because all of them has protected circuits but not in A07 and Fosi tb10d ?

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I have my A07 at just a little past 2pm... My source is at 100% the DAC is also maxed to become line out basically... The Schiit Magni+ is where I control the volume of the entire setup. It never needs to go past 12 but it can. Running both my A07 and my A3001 Sub Amp from the same power supply set at 34V 10A gives me about 100Watts per channel at 8ohms to my LS50 Meta's... No clipping, no skipping or crackling.

@sthaus - I do think that something may be amiss within your chain... But I really don't know...

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I do kind of wish all these A07 posts could either be posted in an existing A07 thread or their own and not a thread opened up for discussion of the newly released A07 Pro..

AIYIMA:GUO

I have my A07 at just a little past 2pm... My source is at 100% the DAC is also maxed to become line out basically... The Schiit Magni+ is where I control the volume of the entire setup. It never needs to go past 12 but it can. Running both my A07 and my A3001 Sub Amp from the same power supply set at 34V 10A gives me about 100Watts per channel at 8ohms to my LS50 Meta's... No clipping, no skipping or crackling.

@sthaus - I do think that something may be amiss within your chain... But I really don't know...
It is recommended that you adapt to higher power supply voltage and current

With Aiyima A07, I've never been succeed to turn the volume to over half (>12o'clock) ... as result of power discruption (sound cut in & out) even though I used PSU 48v 5a .. Same with Fosi tb10d to my floor standing speaker Canton DC509. As Fosi Troubleshooting explained, it might has a short circuit and need to adjust the volume or bass, trebe button down ??? and its working fine with below half volume. Strangely. A07 does not have treble or bass button but volume only and it works with half volume only .. I guess the problem is the PSU supply is not power good enough.

For price value vs sound quality .. I cannot say negative about . I hope they will solve the Power issue (quality control issue) for their products before claiming ( 300w+300w ) .. A07 Pro might face the same issue ?
It is recommended that you use a power supply above 48V10A to test

That would be somewhat incorrect... Although we don't know - or shall I say, we have not yet verified, as we have not seen the internals. This new model does show on the product page certain changes...

If it isn't broke... So layout and design won't change too much. But adding tone controls... Those need to be seen and tested. Perhaps they prove to be crap implementations. Adding Bluetooth... I have seen an A07 board on AliExpress that shows that it is the same as the A07 just with that empty space on the board taken up by the Bluetooth module and corresponding components.

5 op-amp sockets on A07 Pro vs 2 on A07
Higher grade caps
Higher grade sagami inductors

Tone controls as you mentioned. But also Bluetooth, just no LDAC.

As far as discontinuing the A07 - They released an A08 then an A08 pro and did not discontinue the other model. Will they though? That remains to be seen. I doubt they will.. They may downgrade the internals a bit... Who knows. I have had 4 A07's, still have 3 and all of the internals are different on each to a certain extent.

Also, as far as other improvements or differences... Based on what could have and should have been implemented correctly on the A07 - The 3.5mm jack and the RCA inputs will most likely not be connected and reversed as they were in the beginning. I actually use the 3.5mm jack as input on my A07 and the RCA out to the subwoofer amplifier. My first unit had vicious cross talk and forced it to be used with 3.5mm as input and RCA out. However left/right channel testing had significant crossing... I could hear the left channel data on the right channel and vice versa. Aiyima claims to have corrected this in the A07. I have not tested it in my currently in-system model though nor have I tested my third unit.

The Pro most likely will be 3.5mm out only and the RCA's strictly input. We shall see.

The original was and is an excellent Amp for the money. Not too many ways to improve upon or change it other than internal components used and better implementation of the rest of it.
Hello, we have upgraded the circuit of the A07 Pro again, as well as the audio capacitor and inductor. So this is a brand new machine with different sound quality.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

It is recommended that you adapt to higher power supply voltage and current
Not according to the chart provided on the Aiyima A07 sales page.

What I am using is sufficient. As well, because my 48v 10a power supply also powers the Aiyima A3001 subwoofer amp, The information provided by Aiyima for that amplifier recommends nothing over 35V.

The LS50 Meta speakers I use have a
recommended amplifier power: of 40-100 watts

Your advice is basically incorrect for my use as my amplifier and speakers are well matched.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Hello, we have upgraded the circuit of the A07 Pro again, as well as the audio capacitor and inductor. So this is a brand new machine with different sound quality.
Yes, I noted the advertised differences in response to another member as posted on the A07 Pro sales page.

I am looking forward to receiving the new unit.

Top Bottom