• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Pro sub output much lower than SMLS SA300...any idea why?

GabrielPhoto

I am comparing those two amps right now and one thing I noticed is the subwoofer plays much louder when connected to the SA300 vs the A07 Pro. Now, with the A07 Pro I am using a 3.5mm to RCA mono cable so I hope that is not the wrong type of cable to use for it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor
I noticed is the subwoofer plays much louder when connected to the SA300 vs the A07 Pro.
It depends on how the output for sub is designed.
Maybe it's because the SA300 has a separate output only for the sub, but the A07 Pro has a line output.

OP
G

GabrielPhoto

Zek

Major Contributor
With such a mono 3.5mm plug, you short-circuit the right signal to GND and use only the left signal from the source.

Snix

For some Aiyima products for some reasons, their 3.5mm output volume is not a passthrough but linked with volume control
(as far as I know, seems like my T9 is).
Good: You can use it as a preamp (=_=)
Bad: or not since they didn't claim it that way anyway, it's not the discrete "sub out"

Top Bottom