• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 98 52.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 11.2%

• Total voters

DSJR

Major Contributor
I voted poor as it has load dependency. My experience with that ranges from making a speaker brighter, to making a speaker an unlistenable mosquito sounding machine. No excuse for it anymore, it needs fixed in these cheaper amps.

This is how c-notes reacted to an A07 (only tweeter is measured here). Totally unacceptable and should not get a pass.

View attachment 287135
What does this tweeter look like with a more conventional AB style amp tested the same way?

Then to make it graphically easier for the likes of me to understand and *see,* I'd ask again that the simulated speaker load comes back out and the frequency response of such amps into this load is presented as it is in Stereophile. The graphs here suggest that it's only over 10kHz that response errors occur as below that, the rsponses lay directly on top of each other.

T&T

T&T,

I'm a 3255 fan and have a stack of the little Class D's, but I'm not sure I'm with you here.

First, if you take a look at the TI3255 spec sheet, these chips just can't make 300 watts of clean audio. Though TI is quoting 315 Watts into 4 Ohms at 10% distortion. Who wants that? As Amir shows in his review, he pushed the 07 to 70W @ 4R and 59W @ 8 R.

300 Watts out of a 3255 anywhere close to clean just isn't going to happen.

Second, even if these amps supported that type of output, how long would they work before protection/ self destruction? That's a lot of power in a very small box.

I just wouldn't believe the advertising on this GZLZONE listing and frankly, have serious doubts that anyone could make this work.

For that type of power, I'd save a few extra dollars and get a Hypex based amp (like the Hypex UcD250LP - Niles SI-2150 class amp) that is more suited to driving higher outputs. The Hypex and Purify modules are designed for these type of higher power requirements.

To me, the e-bay amp you referenced, is a solution in search of a niche. I think the 3255 based amps are entry level products and not really targeted at folks looking for 125+ watts of clean power.

My $0.02.
Nobody will use the full 600w of these monoblocks...unless you are a dj, so to use 2 monoblock at lower watts will avoid distortion and mixing signals of both channels in one tpa3255 will also benefit, remember those measurements are done with stocks opamp, once you change those 5 opamps the noise will go down...some people vote and don't have the 07Pro...

Attachments

• 1684859635870234137989065034486.jpg
    1684859635870234137989065034486.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 118

TheWalkman

Nobody will use the full 600w of these monoblocks...unless you are a dj, so to use 2 monoblock at lower watts will avoid distortion and mixing signals of both channels in one tpa3255 will also benefit, remember those measurements are done with stocks opamp, once you change those 5 opamps the noise will go down...some people vote and don't have the 07Pro...
I‘ve swapped op-amps in these 3255 amps and my ears didn’t detect a difference, but that’s a separate discussion.

May I suggest you buy the monoblocks and send them for a quick visit to @amirm and let’s see what he determines. I can’t wait to see his resulting measurements!

T&T

I don't know who is who here...can be the owner or designer of shiit, smsl, tooping, the owner of expensive hifi audio, ect...so your opinion is worthless, what I tried, listening is what is important...I have sold my 6 tube amplifier with top of the line tubes included best of 12ax7, sold my collection of 49 tubes, 12ax7 to Japan, after I tried de Aiyima07, now I love the Pro even more.

AIYIMA:GUO

I hope Aiyima can build something like this...dual mono tpa3255 with swappable opamps for around 200.00 will be easy sale...Monster 600w amp.
Thank you for your suggestion. We are also working on a solution to provide a 600W power supply. If the power supply can solve the problem, we will soon launch a fully powered TPA3255 amplifier

TheWalkman

Thank you for your suggestion. We are also working on a solution to provide a 600W power supply. If the power supply can solve the problem, we will soon launch a fully powered TPA3255 amplifier
@LTig,

At this point, I’m going to mix a cocktail and see how this plays out…

Cheers!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm How long have you had powercube (or similar) and is it at all possible to have previously tested amps go through it?
I have purchased the unit now. But I don't have access to amps that were loaned to me.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When all knob pointers are at 0 o'clock, it's tone control defeat.
But it isn't. The closest I got to flat was with the setting in the review picture:

index.php

As you see, bass is turned a bit to the right and treble even more. The controls are highly sensitive so that little bit is a lot.

And because they are dual gang, each channel is different than the other:

index.php

I am sure people way an extra $5 to get a tone defeat.

aon500

Can we get a remote, by any chance? ;):D

TheWalkman

Because tone controls are not an enemy, having them well implemented and with the ability to REALLY turn them off when we want is something I'd pay extra for

Reading between the lines, I think people (including me) looking for and are willing to pay more, say $100 to $250, for a full featured 3255 based amp with features like:

a bigger, quality, higher wattage, UL listed (@amirm) power supply, (brick);
clean output (low THD) and honest ratings at .01% THD. (None of this 10% cr4p.)
remote;
blue tooth;
socketed op-amps (though we could question the real benefit of rolling op-amps);
tone controls (with defeat switch);
headphone out;
subwoofer out;
decently spaced output plugs that fat fingers can work with;
a not-so-bright power LED that doesn‘t light up a bedroom when used at night;
I would like to see a case that has some vent holes to make me believe that the innards aren’t running too hot.

Did I miss anything?

In a nutshell, I think people would buy a full-featured, high performance Aiyima, particularly if they could implement some of the Topping tricks for a low distortion amp.

Think value not cheap.

@AIYIMA , are you listening?

Last edited:

grogi.giant

one controls are not an enemy, having them well
Reading between the lines, I think people (including me) looking for and willing to pay more, say $100 to $250, for a full featured 3255 based amp with features like:

a bigger, quality, higher wattage, UL listed (@amirm) power supply, (brick);
clean output (low THD) and honest ratings at .01% THD. (None of this 10% cr4p.)
remote;
blue tooth;
socketed op-amps (though we could question the real benefit of rolling op-amps);
tone controls (with defeat switch);
headphone out;
subwoofer out;
decently spaced output plugs that fat fingers can work with;
a not-so-bright power LED that doesn‘t light up a bedroom when used at night;
I would like to see a case that has some vent holes to make me believe that the innards aren’t running too hot.

Did I miss anything?

In a nutshell, I think people would buy a full-featured, high performance Aiyima, particularly if they could implement some of the Topping tricks for a low distortion amp.

Think value not cheap.

@AIYIMA , are you listening?

I'll expand on that:
  • LEDs that are amber or orange... Not blue... Blue stuff is good in lab, not in living room...
  • Digitally controlled volume, exp. NJW1194
    • Does not introduce imbalance at low volumes.
    • This solves the issue of tone controls and lack of tone defeat as well, as this chip managed Tone Controls as well
  • Bluetooth that can be disabled. On / Auto / Off. Auto will automatically switch to BT if source is connected, otherwise stay on RCA

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And please use soldered opamps to prevent layman from fiddling with them. It helps you from dealing with broken amps, it makes no sense since any decent opamp since the 1990's is so good that any additional gain of performance is swamped by the TPA3255, and it helps the scientific minds at ASR from dealing with claims of night and day differences due to opamp rolling based on non controlled sighted subjective listenings.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And please use soldered opamps to prevent layman from fiddling with them. It helps you from dealing with broken amps, it makes no sense since any decent opamp since the 1990's is so good that any additional gain of performance is swamped by the TPA3255, and it helps the scientific minds at ASR from dealing with claims of night and day differences due to opamp rolling based on non controlled sighted subjective listenings.
They'll just unsolder them and roll them anyway. LoL. :D They are a determined bunch.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know who is who here...can be the owner or designer of shiit, smsl, tooping, the owner of expensive hifi audio, ect...so your opinion is worthless, what I tried, listening is what is important...I have sold my 6 tube amplifier with top of the line tubes included best of 12ax7, sold my collection of 49 tubes, 12ax7 to Japan, after I tried de Aiyima07, now I love the Pro even more.
Listening is very important but needs to be done blind and level matched, otherwise any claims are useless as science has shown. Been there, done that.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They'll just unsolder them and roll them anyway. LoL. :D They are a determined bunch.
Better use SOIC housings - much higher choice of opamps and cheaper as well.

Top Bottom