• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 32 14.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 113 50.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 65 28.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 15 6.7%

• Total voters

MrOtto

Channel imbalance, this is why we need a TPA3255 based power amplifier/monoblock so you can ditch the cheap volume potmeter and offer a fixed or switch selectable gain. We have DAC/Headphone amps with relay volume controls much better than the potmeter you are offering @Fosi Audio @AIYIMA

Gygess

Channel imbalance, this is why we need a TPA3255 based power amplifier/monoblock so you can ditch the cheap volume potmeter and offer a fixed or switch selectable gain. We have DAC/Headphone amps with relay volume controls much better than the potmeter you are offering @Fosi Audio @AIYIMA
You guys are sounding really entitled and nagging. Your comment makes it seem like you have no idea or at least no respect for the kinds of business considerations these companies have to make. People here are a niche in their overall market. I’m sure they would like to build what you want, but they need to make a good business decisions too. There will be a huge population of the consumers who aren’t using it the way you have in mind. They are using it with phones, cd players, desktops, etc. a volume knob is such a basic and simple requirement that will fulfill much more people than the amount of people like you and those on ASR. If they made what you want, they would have to maybe price it at double the cost just to make it worth their while, and account for the decreased volume in sales. Then you would have people here nagging and whining why it’s too expensive and not worth buying anymore.

Overall as well (not specifically Mr Otto), in this thread I’ve noticed quite a vicious and rabid response to Aiyima and their responses and potential design mishaps. I think it verges on disrespectful at times. I was the first one in this thread who pointed out their explanation into the channel mismatch did not make cohesive sense. But I left it at that- I just pointed it out so that they could know that their post did not actually explain what they wanted to explain. Whereas other people tried to say similar things as me except they added an abusiveness to their comments, overly critical that Aiyima failed to answer (even though it could have been something so innocent as a translation error). I don’t think any of these manufacturers deserve abuse, or pitchforks, unless they have done something incredibly wrong willfully to scam customers. There’s no evidence Aiyima has ever done that. Leave that for the worst of worst companies. Nobody should abuse Aiyima, and people here should realize that they are still providing a very valuable and important role in this market and as some competition to Fosi.

Hopefully people here can quit acting like children and start acting like adults.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You guys are sounding really entitled and nagging. Your comment makes it seem like you have no idea or at least no respect for the kinds of business considerations these companies have to make.
I agree with you, but prefer the nagging. It keeps them on their toes. Never admit they did a good job. :cool:

Gygess

I agree with you, but prefer the nagging. It keeps them on their toes. Never admit they did a good job. :cool:
I understand this sentiment, and even agree in a vague extent,, but if you’ve ever worked in business and manufacturering, then you know there are lots of them who will feel “these people are never happy, so why am I bending over backwards to please them? I’ll just sell a different product to those who I can easily make happy”. Many of them give up- if you haven’t worked in the industry this may just be something hard to relate to..

Anyways, ultimately we don’t know how Aiyima or Fosi or whoever will react in the long run.

If you are right, we get better products. But if you’re wrong and it backfires they decide to give up and pull out, we get no products (even slightly flawed products are better than no products imo, in this market).

But here’s the kicker, theres a third option too: which is to not be nagging but be respectful and considerate and kindly provide constructive feedback on how a product may be improved. That way we get better products without the risk of making them walk away. Edit: oh and also be decent humans along the way.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I understand this sentiment, and even agree in a vague extent,, but if you’ve ever worked in business and manufacturering, then you know there are lots of them who will feel “these people are never happy, so why am I bending over backwards to please them? I’ll just sell a different product to those who I can easily make happy”. Many of them give up- if you haven’t worked in the industry this may just be something hard to relate to..

Anyways, ultimately we don’t know how Aiyima or Fosi or whoever will react in the long run.

If you are right, we get better products. But if you’re wrong and it backfires they decide to give up and pull out, we get no products (even slightly flawed products are better than no products imo, in this market).

But here’s the kicker, theres a third option too: which is to not be nagging but be respectful and considerate and kindly provide constructive feedback on how a product may be improved. That way we get better products without the risk of making them walk away. Edit: oh and also be decent humans along the way.

If there is an issue with a product which is identified in a technical measurements and review, it must be discussed and conveyed so that vendor could take appropriate action and consumer can make an informed decision about the product.
If a vendor isn't accepting the faults and talking the criticism positively to improve then its their loss only. They aren't gonna stop making products, they are in business after all.

There could be hard criticism, but there isn't any place for being disrespectful in this forum. If someone is trying that then one of admin would surely catch and take appropriate action. Many people have been thrown out because of this.

Reactions: MCH

Joe Smith

I agree, certainly no point in berating or attacking Aiyima. In my comment above, I certainly did not intend that. I was just wondering how people here also felt about the 1v decision as an explanation (by Aiyima) for the channel imbalance issue at the relatively high position where Amir tested. Because that seemed odd to me.

My MAX was provided by Aiyima for my review comments here and directly to them, and they were quite friendly and gracious about the comments I sent, which were mostly very positive.

I have continued to try and nudge both Aiyima and Fosi to consider developing true monoblocks (with in-case power) and a matching multi-input preamp, but I understand completely that such equipment might have a pretty niche customer group. It just may not make sense for them to do it. But I think this possible issue with the inexpensive volume pot goes to the possible advantage of doing that.

Aiyima probably did hurry development a bit for the MAX once they saw the attention being paid to the Fosi V3. Having the mono switch on there as an option gave it a nice feature bump.

I continue to promote these in all my comments as good amps for medium volume applications, with power in the 30 - 40v range. Pushing these guys to the limits of what the TI chip can do seems silly to me, because they are not really designing the amps to be pushed hot, heavy and long. Someone could design a better amp to plop in between this level and the Hypex 252 amps, but again, would that really sell (enough)...?

frabor

48V vs 36v ps, It would be an interesting worth making .

According to most reviews of similarc tpa3255 unit, it seems that most are current límited.

According to the latest Tpa3255 spec sheet, all max power certifications were measured at 51 V.

I recall that when the reference boards were released some years ago, noise and distorsión figures were measured about 31V.

How I interpreted the numbers: you want max power, crack the voltage, better fidelity stay mid point on the Voltage

Keep the input close to the point that gain will generate 1 per cent distorsion ( in this case about.7 Volt input)!and feed them plenty of current. A nice power supply for a tpa3255 ( meanwell sealed, 10 Amps 36 V or 48V) will out price most boards, int the range on 100 to 200 dollars or euros.

Last edited:

Meloman

Входная чувствительность 1 В вызывает дисбаланс каналов в A07 Max??? Не знаю, как другие, но думаю, вам следует вернуться к этому вопросу со своей технической командой.
Я не могу определить этот дисбаланс каналов во время прослушивания музыки, поэтому не беспокоюсь об этом, но он был замечен при измерениях, и некоторые наверняка искали бы какое-то логическое объяснение.
I think it`s a problem with the potentiometer. Now I have A07 Pro in volume button at 10 o`clock I also hear the difference in volume in the right and left channels. I set the volume button at 12 o`clock and used the preamp in DAC and had no problem with imbalanced channels. The amplifier gives good sound quality and I don't take the numbers in measurements in my mind. I just listen and enjoy the music.

Gygess

If there is an issue with a product which is identified in a technical measurements and review, it must be discussed and conveyed so that vendor could take appropriate action and consumer can make an informed decision about the product.
If a vendor isn't accepting the faults and talking the criticism positively to improve then its their loss only. They aren't gonna stop making products, they are in business after all.

There could be hard criticism, but there isn't any place for being disrespectful in this forum. If someone is trying that then one of admin would surely catch and take appropriate action. Many people have been thrown out because of this.

Yes, but the issue with the product has already been identified by Amir’s review. It has been discussed and conveyed here sufficiently. No need for continuous punches, the knockout blows are there and said. Like I said, I was the first user who replied to Aiyima pointing out how their explanation didn’t make sense from a language perspective. It unnecessarily escalated from there into other posts insulting/mocking their response.

I agree a vendor should accept faults and take criticism positively to improve their products. But it’s objectively inconclusive right now whether Aiyima has refused to accept faults. Have some patience. It would be childish not to, given the timelines here.

You say they’re not going to “stop making products”, I say it’s not so simple, and there is a human element too. My last post was on that very subject.

Regarding your last paragraph, we are in full agreement. And I deliberately stayed away from making targeted accusations because hopefully the mods can address that if need be. In the meantime, until any such intervention, it costs nothing for everyone here to be a decent human being.

Guddu

Yes, but the issue with the product has already been identified by Amir’s review. It has been discussed and conveyed here sufficiently. No need for continuous punches, the knockout blows are there and said. Like I said, I was the first user who replied to Aiyima pointing out how their explanation didn’t make sense from a language perspective. It unnecessarily escalated from there into other posts insulting/mocking their response.

I agree a vendor should accept faults and take criticism positively to improve their products. But it’s objectively inconclusive right now whether Aiyima has refused to accept faults. Have some patience. It would be childish not to, given the timelines here.

You say they’re not going to “stop making products”, I say it’s not so simple, and there is a human element too. My last post was on that very subject.

Regarding your last paragraph, we are in full agreement. And I deliberately stayed away from making targeted accusations because hopefully the mods can address that if need be. In the meantime, until any such intervention, it costs nothing for everyone here to be a decent human being.
okay, thanks

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but the issue with the product has already been identified by Amir’s review. It has been discussed and conveyed here sufficiently. No need for continuous punches
I work in IT and sometimes meetings drag on and on. To cut it short i say "Everything has been said, but not by everyone." This usually shuts people up.

I then say "We'll circle back to it." and moonwalk out of the meeting, to the delight of my apprentices.;)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
the mods can address that
Calm yourself and mute your tone of voice if you address me.
It hasn't escalated to full mayhem yet.
I need to warm up first.
1679939563164689.gif

MTBDoc

I work in IT and sometimes meetings drag on and on. To cut it short i say "Everything has been said, but not by everyone." This usually shuts people up.

I then say "We'll circle back to it." and moonwalk out of the meeting, to the delight of my apprentices.;)
Years ago as medical director at a hospital, I took over the Pharmacy & Therapeutics meeting which had a tendency to go on for 2+ hours. I said that IF we could not get the meeting issues addressed in an hour, we would need to meet twice monthly. That got their attention. But when I began to interrupt people who kept beating a dead horse with "is there any NEW discussion?" and then move to the next agenda item, some were pissed. Within 2 months the meetings were efficiently completed in just over an hour, and smiles began to appear.

People do not know how to actually discuss an issue efficiently, hence much time is wasted in meetings. Leadership can fix this IF there are leaders who know HOW to lead. Sadly, it seems a lost art when "everybody needs to be heard" whether or not there is anything worthwhile to say ... this coming from the guy who just made three consecutive posts in the same thread as he was pulling out his hair! But that issue actually has relevance in this thread as well, as it probably relates to all of the TP3255 amps. I probably should have split it off from the V3 thread to make a new topic. Mods?

AIYIMA

Audio Company
AIYIMA On the road to brand creation, we are constantly receiving various feedback from customers, which are valuable suggestions for us to strengthen and improve our products. We have also been looking for better potentiometer manufacturers, including A07. We have also used ALPS potentiometers imported from Japan, and have also discovered this problem. But regarding the potentiometer we currently have in A07 MAX, after many tests, it It is also the highest quality and most cost-effective component at present. Of course, we will continue to strengthen quality control in the future, hoping to bring a perfect experience to every customer. Finally, thank you for your support and valuable suggestions!

Holdt

Major Contributor
This is not a debate. Our house our rules. You don’t like them, go elsewhere. The way you used the term it was intended as an insult. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you have just proven your ignorance and arrogance. We have no room here for racism of any kind. Bye bye now. :mad:
LOL at the unnecessary use of force..

dr_mick51

The issue is that the psu isn't stable and keeps tripping into protection mode after around 20 minutes. I've just uploaded a video to show this.

Please play music as loud as you (or your neighbors) can tolerate while using a power meter, and then come back to publish your results. I'd be surprised if you use more than 10W per channel.

AdamG

Follow the Science, no matter where it may lead.
Forum Donor
LOL at the unnecessary use of force..
See Post #86 where I was using my soft touch skills. Maybe too soft as it turns out. His response to our request was devoid of any contrition and then attempted to blame us for the policy. I quickly run out of patience when newbs don’t even try. Context is everything and without context I can see how you may have come to your incorrect conclusion that unnecessary force was used. His reply made it abundantly clear to me that he wanted to play games and that dog ain’t going to hunt when it comes to racism. :confused:

Holdt

Major Contributor
Please play music as loud as you (or your neighbors) can tolerate while using a power meter, and then come back to publish your results. I'd be surprised if you use more than 10W per channel.

I've done that some time ago. I saw the clipping lights on a 340 W @ 8 ohm power amp. while listening (loud, duh!) to a live rock recording.
-What does that tell you? -Not a great deal other than how much power you need will depend on
type of music,
type of room,
type of person,
type of speaker.

375HP2482

The issue is that the psu isn't stable and keeps tripping into protection mode after around 20 minutes. I've just uploaded a video to show this.
This supply puts out over 200 watts for 20 minutes? That's a lot longer than the connected TPA 3255 amplifiers will run maxxed out before shutdown. Most consumer speakers will quit too (for good) at that continuous power level.

Last edited:

damarfi

Many of us and finaly Amir confirmed that he was positively "shocked" with listening impression with his so expensive high end speakers. What' else we need?
Hey, we are talking about $60 amplifier?!!?? Aiyima did great job and I am almost sure that problem with chanels imbalance is not present in all units.

Last edited:
Top Bottom