• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07/A08 (TPA 3255) vs Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR (nc252mp) for ELAC DBR-62?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got the aiyima 07 10 day's he sounds better than the cambridge cxa61 the aiyima....its a bargain ...onbelievable
That casual cup of coffee in your attachment ... ;)

Both my speakers are rather capable full-range floorstanders. I never felt a need for additional sub-woofers. Just created a couple of EQ profiles in Roon. But as you say, it's a matter of taste. :)
37Hz at -3dB. Full range is 20Hz at +-0dB. That is where a subwoofer could come in and extend your frequency range to a trouser flapping 20Hz, or even further. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

regan

AIYIMA A07 is good enough if you pair it with a good enough power supply.

Unfortunately, sellers sell AIYIMA A07 with a bad power supply.

You will have to look for good power supply if you choose AIYIMA A07.
What power supply would you recommend?

Tangband

Major Contributor
What power supply would you recommend?
A Meanwell powersupply between 24 - 36V , 6 - 8 A .
You gonna recognise that you easily gonna end up at the same price as the Aiyima a08, wich seems as an even bigger bargain.

Cheaper switchmode power supplies biggest issues are often the polution of the power mains , not neccesary the unit that uses the power, but all other units you have such as Dacs , pre and poweramps.

So a bad power supply may measure fine with just that amplifier connected , but in real use you have other units on the same power socket , some of them can be sensible to power pollution and RF.

Last edited:

Timstunes

Forum Donor
Agree. Just as pointed out like several others (not just in this thread) NC252MP
is in another division, that vs A07. A bit like comparing apples to pears..Another division $ too..It was just what I wanted to say.:)
Exactly. The Hypex is more than 5-6x the cost of the A07. I would certainly demand a much better performance than I would from the A07. Both are exceptional in their class. Would there be an audible difference in SQ? I certainly hope so. The real question is it worth 5x the price and only the buyer can answer that. These are DBR62s not Velas. The A07 is more than adequate imo and can easily be replaced or upgraded if dissatisfied.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
You can buy A07 from amazon and if you don't like it, it is very easy (and cost free) to return.
You might also want to try A08 which has more juice. Doubt it would be different in actual hearing, but if bigger numbers put your mind at ease, it is worth it.

Top Bottom