• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A05 Review (Budget Amplifier)

DualTriode

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another toy with high noise, high distortion and frequency response modulated by load impedance. Beheaded panther would suit it best.

Another heavy handed opinion.

Stick to the measurements.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Horses for corses. This is not solely a Hi-Fi forum. There are areas where an affordable amplifier is required. For instance PA or background music where the ambient noise masks even a terrible SINAD value.

Do you know a better suited product at this price range?

Some people just loose reality. Its a littel amp that fits absolutly in a desktop environment. Paired with lets say a jbl a130 it would make a acceptabel system.
Some people forget this.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some people just loose reality. Its a littel amp that fits absolutly in a desktop environment. Paired with lets say a jbl a130 it would make a acceptabel system.
Some people forget this.
Agreed. In a different use case, the value proposition of this amplifier driving 4 (parallel) or even 8 (series parallel) JBL Control 1s fed from an phone or tablet via Bluetooth at a small pub or bar is huge. Low SINAD value at a high background environment is not a problem.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Agreed. In a different use case, the value proposition of this amplifier driving 4 or even 8 (in series parallel) JBL Control 1s fed from an phone or tablet via Bluetooth at a small pub or bar is huge.

Different use case, but yes absolutly.This littel thing works, no bigger failure. It works even more hifi orientatet if you give the data a closer look.
Who in reality hears a 3db peak at 20 khz? And thats bad case?
And 14bit of s/n? Compare it to vinyl?

Last edited:

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Different use case, but yes absolutly.
An audio amplifier has various use cases. Hi-Fi listening room or desktop are just two. What I love about ASR is the fact that it’s not a Hi-Fi only forum. As the name says, it is about objective review of audio devices of all sorts.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
An audio amplifier has various use cases. Hi-Fi listening room or desktop are just two. What I love about ASR is the fact that it’s not a Hi-Fi only forum. As the name says, it is about objective review of audio devices of all sorts.

Thats why i enjoy it here so much. Measurements of lets say modern audio interfaces are for me 1000 times more interesting, than subjective reviews of "high-end" SET tube amps.

DualTriode

Hello All,

In this world of desktop audio if this little amplifier was neatly tucked inside a pair of desktop speakers it would be completely out of sight and completely out of mind.

If that pair of desktop speakers was measured here at ASR there would be mention of on axis response, off axis response, frequency response, distortion and all that sort of stuff. There would not even be a whisper about the out of sight & out of mind little amplifier tucked neatly inside one of the speaker pair.

Thanks DT

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Respectable for the price. Thanks for the review Amir it's always good to see inexpensive stuff get a fair shake.
Personally I'd go for a second hand intergrated at this price , A 90's Denon prehaps.

DualTriode

BT is not bad. Friend comes in and says let me show you this freaking song on my smartphone?

Cool connect!
Hello All,

BT is cool.

My upgraded factory 2020 car stereo does not have a CD, so I have been using an spare LG smart phone to BT my ripped tune collection into my car for road trips and now other places. Who would have thought it?

Thanks DT

Last edited:

taisho

Forum Donor
These tone controls alone would steer me away from buying it. I would be freaking out that I accidentally turn them and only after some time realize that the music doesn't sound as pleasant as it used to. Hardware EQ is so last century.

DualTriode

Value is good.

Choice is good. Pick the features you like from the many Aiyima options available.

I ordered a little tube BT Aiyima preamplifier to test drive. I will post plots here.

Thanks DT

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These tone controls alone would steer me away from buying it. I would be freaking out that I accidentally turn them and only after some time realize that the music doesn't sound as pleasant as it used to. Hardware EQ is so last century.
I disagree. They are a plus for me. For PA and background music use tone controls are very useful. Many pro amplifiers currently on the market have them.

thefsb

I disagree. They are a plus for me. For PA and background music use tone controls are very useful. Many pro amplifiers currently on the market have them.
I like tone controls. Even more I like the loudness button. And the best of all was the mono button. Stereo is so dumb.

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
This is "The AntiA07": Amplification performance sacrificed on the altar of features like BT and tone controls, which may be just the thing for some folks -- but not for yours truly.

beagleman

Major Contributor

A "true" audiophile, would hear the difference, instantly.;)

Top Bottom