• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Airpods Pro 2

Darwin

The APP are designed for Apple devices which is why they have custom chips. Why anyone expects them to work the same on Android is beyond me. Plenty of other options for Android users. None that are as good of course.

Soundstage

Hi Everyone,
What is the PEQ to get Harman Curve on the AirPods Pro 2?
I am extremely happy with the mids and trebles but I feel that bass is missing when compared to my Revel F208 and my KEF LS60.

mrbungle

Hi Everyone,
I am extremely happy with the mids and trebles but I feel that bass is missing when compared to my Revel F208 and my KEF LS60.
Crinacle has them measured and his Graph Comparison Tool page has an Equalizer tab. The Pro 2 have pretty much Harman bass IIRC, it even adjusts the fairly neutral target based on volume (shown in his YouTube video). You could try bumping the 100-200 Hz region by 3-5db to add some bass impact?

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Airpods Pro 2 change their frequency response depending on the SPL.
There is no one PEQ to get to Harman.
Screenshot 2023-01-13 234014.png

parnold

Well, lost one of my APP1's in a field while walking the dog. Searched the field 3x, the Find My app was useless.

Just picked up the APP2s. Relative to APP1's, they blow them out of the water imo. I only used my 1's for podcasting/video calls and listening to music at the gym / running. On the APP2's the bass actually slams and the entire sound is more refined in general. I find myself actually listening to music on them now. Additionally noise cancelling is quite a bit better and having volume controls on the AirPods themselves has been very handy.

amp

@parnold and the v2 ear buds work with the with the Find My app.

They have been worth the upgrade for me even with the apple tax. Biggest issue so far is they have not been not very good at picking up/isolating speech on phone calls when there's any significant background noise-Either have to speak obnoxiously loud or use the phone without them. Seem about the same as the v1s in that regard.

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My ears don’t seem to like the silicone tips. Hard to keep them in the ears, especially when talking. Any good experiences with aftermarket ear tips. I got the Nearplugs but they don’t wow me either. Any other tips? (pun intended)

williamr

My ears don’t seem to like the silicone tips. Hard to keep them in the ears, especially when talking. Any good experiences with aftermarket ear tips. I got the Nearplugs but they don’t wow me either. Any other tips? (pun intended)
I use SpinFit CP1025. CP1025.

There have 4 sizes so you might find one closer to your optimum size. Also it is hard to describe but the flange is softer yet the understructure of the tip produces plenty of rebound. I find this "nonlinear" fit better for me.

Good luck.

soundwave76

Forum Donor
Thanks, will check them out. The sound quality of these is amazing imo so I don’t want to give up on them. Apple is doing some black magic with the spatial audio and it works.

soundwave76

Forum Donor
One question @williamr - do you find that the SpinFits stays better in your ears than with the Apple stock ear tips?

williamr

One question @williamr - do you find that the SpinFits stays better in your ears than with the Apple stock ear tips?

Yes and maybe.

For my AirPods Pro (GEN1) the medium tips almost worked, but I found that it was slightly too small for my right ear canal. With the SpinFit CP1025, the medium-size tips fit slightly better (for me) than the original apple tips. I improved the fit even better by using the M size in the left ear and the ML size in the right ear. Now it is "perfect."

I also own the AirPods Pro (GEN2). For some reason the medium tips fit well enough that I found that I didn't need to replace them with the SpinFits.

I don't use my AirPods Pro for critical listening. I have other IEMs and headphones for that. I use them mostly for commuting and to listen to podcasts if I'm moving around a lot in the house. If I were to do more critical listening I probably would upgrade my AirPods Pro (GEN2) to the SpinFit tips.

Like I said previous, the SpinFits fit slightly differently. I would say that the initially flex a lot more than the Apple tips, but then the stiffness increases as you pinch them more. This might suit you.

My suggestion. If you are in-between sizes, e.g. medium is clearly too small and large is clearly too big, then I would try the ML size of the SpinFit. If you the medium tips are just slightly too small, the M SpinFit might work.

This site has more information and might explain things better:

Also, at least on the Canadian Amazon site, they have photos which include measurement of the tip sizes.
SpinFit CP1025 sizes

soundwave76

Forum Donor
Thanks! Does one have to order each size separatelly or do all of them come together? I thought it was the latter.

williamr

Thanks! Does one have to order each size separatelly or do all of them come together? I thought it was the latter.

I've only seen them sold by size, at least in North America. The package I got include the adapter for the AirPod Pro and 2 pairs of tips.

mmi

Any feedback from APP2 users here on call quality? I constantly get complaints with my APPs that my voice is muffled and background noise seems to be amplified not suppressed, stuff like passing cars sound like jet engines. There is lots of talk about this online, and I have seen comments that APP2 haven’t fixed this.

Soundstage

Given the distance between the microphone and the mouth this is not a surprise. Did you look at the Rtings tests of the Airpods?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I constantly get complaints with my APPs that my voice is muffled and background noise seems to be amplified not suppressed, stuff like passing cars sound like jet engines. There is lots of talk about this online, and I have seen comments that APP2 haven’t fixed this.
You can compare the call quality of both of them here: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/table/104432

mmi

Given the distance between the microphone and the mouth this is not a surprise. Did you look at the Rtings tests of the Airpods?
I agree, the microphones can only do so much. But this also seems like a complicated issue, since while muting background noise for me it is amplifying for the listener. I use them with Microsoft teams for work, Teams can completely mute music playing loudly in the background from a different source. On phone calls I have to turn music completely off. The rtngs tests don’t really cover this issue IMO.

boominguitar

I've been experimenting with using chatGPT to write poems about product reviews. This one came out ok and I thought people might enjoy it on this forum! I think it has a few too many positives, but maybe not the negative sides of the product, and I wanted to run it past some experts like you all. Interested to hear what people think

Oh AirPods Pro, what a marvel you are!
Your sound is so clear, it's like a star!
Your noise cancellation is so strong,
It's like you don't hear a thing all day long!

Your battery life is so great,
It's like you never need to recharge!
Your touch controls are so easy to use,
It's like you don't need to think twice to choose!

Your fit is so comfortable,
It's like you're part of me!
Your sound quality is so good,
It's like you're the best in the neighborhood!

Oh AirPods Pro, what a marvel you are!
Your sound is so clear, it's like a star!

(other poems can be found here, if this was a thing you enjoyed )
https://www.productpoems.com/product/Apple-Generation-Cancelling-Transparency-Personalized

Reactions: CMB

Cote Dazur

Is the AirPod pro 2 considered the best AirPod when only considering listening to music?

MayaTlab

Is the AirPod pro 2 considered the best AirPod when only considering listening to music?

That would not be my opinion. The AirPods 3, AirPods Pro 1 and 2, and AirPods Max are all somewhat decent variations around ideal to me. None of them nail it, but none of them are too offensive either (In comparison, to me most headphones are).
I could happily keep only two of them however, the AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro 2. They vary around ideal in fairly opposite ways, so that makes them a good combo. I'll often prefer the AirPods 3 over the AirPods Pro 2 for well-recorded acoustic tracks for example.
But that's just me, and at least for one model (the AirPods Max), I'd expect opinions to differ.

Top Bottom