• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Airpods Pro 2

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
I'm very satisfied listening to music with my AirPods Max with EQ (Crinacle). But I also enjoy the SQ of the Airpods Pro 2.
I'm curious - where did you find the EQ curve? I've been looking and can't find a text file to download, just lots of pointers to iOS settings. I'm looking for a text file to use with SoundSource.

There's tremendous boost in low bass. The treble boost helps with imaging and soundstage, but don't expect miracles. Still the weakest part of the package. I don't currently have a subscription to anything with Atmos. I was really happy with the HRTF on the Gen1s, but I don't know if it's improved with Gen 2.
Second the very noticeable difference in bass. It makes my wired IEMs sound bass-light, and they're def not.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm curious - where did you find the EQ curve? I've been looking and can't find a text file to download, just lots of pointers to iOS settings. I'm looking for a text file to use with SoundSource.
You can make your own SoundSource EQ text file here: https://autoeq.app/
Screenshot_20240120-102145_Chrome.jpg
It's just a few clicks, super easy. The tool does everything for you.

You should know though that above 1kHz, measurements of the APM vary wildly, so YMMV:

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's interesting because normally with closed backs it is the bass that varies wildly

They use the inward facing microphone to continuously monitor the in situ response and adjust it, up to a point, to deliver the same response across heads and test rigs, regardless of how they actually couple to such heads and rigs. For ANC headphones with a feedback system, it's a byproduct of the feedback system to begin with anyway (although some are a lot better at it than others), but AirPods are also capable of an "ANC-less" "feedback" when ANC is turned off (and I really mean "off", with AirPods and some ANC headphones the feedback system is still active in transparency mode), but it works differently (it needs to monitor a broad signal, such as noise or music, over a short period of time, to calculate the filters).

The APM's variation above 1kHz between measurements is actually quite reasonable for a pair of ANC over-ears, it's a lot, lot worse for headphones such as the Bose 700 or N700NCM2. In the case of the APM I believe that sample variation is low, so it's probably down to coupling, test fixtures' differences, and variation in operators' practices. How they'll behave on your head is, to some degree, unknown in that region, so take measurements of the APM over 800-1k Hz with a rather large pinch of salt. Between 50-800Hz however, you can be very confident that what you'll get on your head is similar to what's been measured.

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
You can make your own SoundSource EQ text file here: https://autoeq.app/
View attachment 343259
It's just a few clicks, super easy. The tool does everything for you.

You should know though that above 1kHz, measurements of the APM vary wildly, so YMMV:
Thanks. Great tool. Hadn't seen it before!

williamr

You can find it within using SoundSource itself. Try the "select profile" drop down menu setting in the "Headphone EQ" section. Just search for "Airpods".

Top Bottom