• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AirPlay issue - skipping first seconds of songs

OP
B

BitPerfect_

Thanks for sharing. At least in my case, I'm not a big fan of keeping the PC awake in order to listen music. I preferer dedicated devices, also I flirted with the idea of buying a Raspberry Pi to deliver DSD to the DAC. Reading a few posts about DSD vs. FLAC I guess that I'll settle for the moment listening FLAC stored on external HDD and Apple Music stream.

By the way, getting back to the subject, iOS 14.7.1 is out but no update to solve the described issue yet.

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
By the way, getting back to the subject, iOS 14.7.1 is out but no update to solve the described issue yet.

I think the sudden 14.7.1 update was specifically for security issues.

But as I have commented previously, I suspect the other end (third-party) is where the update should come.

Have you gone into the Yamaha App and checked for firmware update?
(sometimes it is hidden: such as requires you to tap the firmware number etc)

OP
B

BitPerfect_

It coul be … (?) Just checked, no Yamaha app or firmware update.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, I noticed the above mentioned issue lately, playing Apple Music through AirPlay1.
What I've done so far without positive results:
  • Restart - iPhone, router, streamer.
  • Disable Bluetooth and Siri.
  • Apple Music - Offload App, Delete App, Reinstall.
  • Album downloaded locally on the phone.
and more.

Here is an example.
If you let the song 4 to play until the end, the next track will start without the first 2-3 seconds.
This issue will be reproduced to other tracks as well not limited to track 5 (you will see at track 6, 7 and so on).

My conclusion is that the tracks are fine (using the iPhone internal speaker will play fine). I guess that It's something related to the AirPlay.

More infos:
I am in the same room with the streamer/router the distances are no more than 2-3m away phone vs the device/router.
I am using iPhone7 with the latest OS 14.7, also latest Apple Music app.
If anyone noticed this and fix it, any advice will be much appreciated.
Thank you!
What rendering device are you using?

OP
B

BitPerfect_

Yamaha WXC-50. Have you noticed the same issue using your device?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yamaha WXC-50. Have you noticed the same issue using your device?
I should have read all the posts before responding but… I had a problem with songs being cut off.
My solution was to upgrade to Airplay 2.

OP
B

BitPerfect_

Unfortunately, in my case, WXC-50 it can't be upgraded to AirPlay 2.
I'll have in mind an AirPlay 2 adapter (which btw it's not bit perfect, will output 48 kHz) but I'll wait to see what's happen in the end with this protocol, will be able to send and receive 24/192 in the future or ...

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m hoping for either full lossless support or Airplay 3.

jjk1

I’ve recently put my old (really old) airport express version 1 back into service and it has been solid. No dropouts, songs play fine.
it’s unfortunate that the only way to stream redbook quality from Apple Music via airplay is to ignore the 5 or 6 airplay2 devices I have around the house in favor of the original apple airport express.
hopefully they get their shit together soon with regards to airplay and lossless.
The airplay 1 in my Yamaha also works fine..
if they are worried about airplay2 to multiple devices simultaneously as lossless they could easily just knock it back when multiple device streaming is selected you would think..

OP
B

BitPerfect_

| The airplay 1 in my Yamaha also works fine..
What Yamaha device do you have?

Top Bottom