• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aimpire AD10: Fake Topping D10 DAC?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I did. However that was to Amazon not Topping. I believe we would still welcome an explanation from Topping. This is not Amazon’s mess.
There will be no more explanation from topping. And no more explanation is needed.

BogdanR

There will be no more explanation from topping. And no more explanation is needed.

I beg to differ. This was a listing by Topping where the seller was Dilvshi and the product in the pictures was Aimpire. Sorry, but I haven’t seen an explanation for that anywhere.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I beg to differ. This was a listing by Topping where the seller was Dilvshi and the product in the pictures was Aimpire. Sorry, but I haven’t seen an explanation for that anywhere.
Alright. I'll forward the screenshot to Mr. Huang. But there's nothing left to explain from Topping's perspective. And thank you for reporting the issue on the forum.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amazon does this all the time. That field is auto generated most of the time to make searches easier.

BogdanR

Amazon does this all the time. That field is auto generated most of the time to make searches easier.
Ok, here’s an even better one from Amazon France. The brand is not even Topping anymore but SMSL. If this is not a mess, I don’t know what is.

177CCDDE-49E6-4EE5-95FF-3AD83481BF79.png

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Ok, here’s an even better one from Amazon France. The brand is not even Topping anymore but SMSL. If this is not a mess, I don’t know what is.
Link please? If that's the case, Amazon is truly a mess, worse than I thought it had already been.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
The French listing says personnalisable. Perhaps I can create and market my own infinitesymphony clone of this design. :cool:

It's clear that companies are going to have to lock down their distribution networks as much as possible. Even if Aimpire's clones cannot be removed from Amazon, I hope Topping can become the sole agent for how their products are advertised or cross-linked.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here are the official Topping resellers on amazon as Topping does not directly sell to Amazon from what I gather.

http://www.tpdz.net/contact/c=1&i=9&comContentId=9.html

The AD10 that I got was listed as a Topping D10 sold by Amazon Services LLC before they changed the title and pictures to the Aimpire.

What a crazy situation. Here is what My order history shows.

2020-02-06 12_19_05-Your Orders.png

Viewing the page now results in this:

2020-02-06 12_19_28-Amazon.com_ HIFI Audio Decoder Amplifier - Aimpire AD10 MINI USB DAC CSS X...png

Veri

Master Contributor
Here are the official Topping resellers on amazon as Topping does not directly sell to Amazon from what I gather.

http://www.tpdz.net/contact/c=1&i=9&comContentId=9.html

The AD10 that I got was listed as a Topping D10 sold by Amazon Services LLC before they changed the title and pictures to the Aimpire.

What a crazy situation. Here is what My order history shows.

View attachment 48880

Viewing the page now results in this:

View attachment 48881
So many used offers! I wonder why :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bobbis

Hi! i also bought this fake Aimpire and is on my way returning it to amazon.uk for refund

But i still want to order the D10 what is the best way to do it? Could i assume it’s safe to buy from these official Ebay sellers or Shenzhenaudio website?
I live in eu but thinking of order from other places as long as i know its the real deal.

Kind regards Bob

Veri

Master Contributor

0bs3rv3r

Here is an Amazon Canada listing of a Topping D10, by Topping yet showing the Amipire copy.

Maybe that's somebody else who owns an Amazon account called Topping ? Didn't the guy from Topping say here earlier that Aimpire have multiple accounts - maybe this is another one of theirs.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Maybe that's somebody else who owns an Amazon account called Topping ? Didn't the guy from Topping say here earlier that Aimpire have multiple accounts - maybe this is another one of theirs.
Again, this is a field that is usually filled in by Amazon. It is done so that you can click on it and get all products from Topping. Sometimes manufacturers create custom pages that come up when you click on it. But other times just a search list shows up, some of which makes sense, some of which does not.

Top Bottom