• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AI Powered infinite playback.

Tks

Major Contributor
For those who are fans of the mysterious Jai Paul, one his most successful singles have been put through the following "Bronze AI"

I've listen to this song countless times, and I am left in shock what this thing seems to be doing... It's playing the song forever in a seemingly infinite remixing form. This isn't just some nonsensical here-and-there loop blending, I've been listening to this almost 25 minutes straight and I'm hearing perhaps SOME pattern of sorts in some bits (obviously the supposed algorithm is maintaining some sort of rule-set). Pretty magical, and wondering if I'm getting swindled by an extremely long edit of sorts perhaps?

EDIT: closing the browser tab that this was going on in, seems to have freed up around 500MB of RAM. IF someone is making this out to be a hoax, they're doing it correctly.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Let's check this out :D thanks for sharing @Tks

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Awesome work locating more info about this!

Looking into some of this stuff the guy is involved with, some pretty cool stuff to say the least honestly.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Someday, maybe it will teach itself a time signature beyond 4/4...

OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Here's hoping!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It did use about 400 meg of memory on my Linux machine. That didn't grow with time. It did use more than 50% CPU whenever it was running.

I also found if I reloaded the page, it didn't download nearly the data it did the first time. And restarted, the sound was the same each time I restarted the first few minutes at least. So it might be remixing as it goes etc, but apparently the initial settings cause it to repeat for however long you let it go.

This would be a different kind of musical compression. You download a chunk, and it can repeat for hours without really repeating. Yet if you restart it you'll get the same sounds over on each play.

reza

I don't know what this thing is doing, but if you're interested in generative music in general, you will probably have loads of fun with Supercollider. It is an open source language for both DSP and algorithmic composition.

Reactions: Tks
OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
I don't know what this thing is doing, but if you're interested in generative music in general, you will probably have loads of fun with Supercollider. It is an open source language for both DSP and algorithmic composition.

Awesome in reality, worthless for me because I am nowhere near capable of using something like this :{

Top Bottom