• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AI Animates Old Photos

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
Wonder what effect this will have on the modeling industry once realtime transposition becomes high fidelity enough to take into account full 180 degrees of facial rotation.

Tks

Major Contributor
We have reached the point where you can no longer believe your eyes.

The potential to abuse this technology is incalculable.

Meh I doubt it's that big of a deal. If we eventually reach that whole "don't believe your eyes" thing, then I'm sure no one will care about footage as being admissible with respect to sentiment. The abuse is only a factor in the early stages during the transition to public awareness (in the same way abuses in any new avenue are most acute during the first phase, but eventually tapers off as people grow aware, and get sick of malpractitioners to where their behavior gets looks down upon forcing them to become a minority).

mkarikom

Wonder what effect this will have on the modeling industry once realtime transposition becomes high fidelity enough to take into account full 180 degrees of facial rotation.
Good question. When my brother was modeling, he would sometimes spend a full day with one company. I feel like some kind of 'pose-interpolation', if there is such a thing, would cut down the time for certain contracts to less than a day, which would be interesting for models that might then be able to fill multiple contracts in a day.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Forgive my Paranoia :

As usual, when you get something free of charge ....
And then you wonder how they get all the data's .

Top Bottom