• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ahsoka: Star Wars on Disney+

MRC01

Major Contributor
I don't know. I think these products are made by stupid people for stupid people, which is 95% of humanity, sadly. I they weren't stupid, they wouldn't waste their lifes with making this shit. ...
Maybe they are smart and creative, they know it's garbage, but they're told it's what sells. So they hold their noses and write it. Could be? I don't know.

... Disney is bleeding money left and right. No money is being made at the moment, especially not with these shows.
Yes, though plenty of shows even stupider than Ahsoka are commercially successful. This is the backfire I don't understand. One possibility is that the audience of Star Wars fans is older or has better taste than Disney realizes. Put differently, a stupid show like the Bachelor succeeds because it's targeted at general population, but if you're targeting Star Wars fans you need something more intelligent. Another possibility is that Ahsoka is too narrowly focused, only of interest to super-fans who already knew the character, where the Mandalorian could be appreciated even by people unfamiliar with the Star Wars universe.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Another possibility is that Ahsoka is too narrowly focused, only of interest to super-fans who already knew the character
Ah, that reminds me of the so called “super fans” of Lord of the Rings:

:facepalm:

The Star Wars stuff is very similar, only much more subtle.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t think this kind of entertainment is by definition stupid, and I also doubt the average IQ of the people that like the original Star Wars is worse than the ones that don’t. Your logic just does not follow. As for the people making the current abominations? I must agree: they are stupid!
I meant productions like Ahsoka, but not Star Wars or this kind of entertainment in general.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I meant productions like Ahsoka, but not Star Wars or this kind of entertainment in general.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Be careful though with what you say about the stupid demographic:

1696362017542.jpeg

… I’ll go hide now, thank you :facepalm:;)

MRC01

Major Contributor
Appropriate sarcasm but I had to stop watching, just seeing even brief snippets of some of those idiotic scenes and dialog gave me a headache.
But check out his honest review of Andor - well done!

OP
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Finally catching up on the show. The Lady and I have suffered through my x900F finally deciding to succumb to the Dolby Vision issue this model is known for... :rolleyes:
Regardless, 2 episodes left for us to finish tonight.

For me, totally digging it. Hoping for more.

Andysu

Major Contributor
84jxr1.jpg

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I just finished Ahsoka E6 and I'm looking forward to the final 2.
Funny how we all see things different.
I felt the first couple episodes started slow but the rest became mostly interesting, involving, and fun to watch.
I do hope we get a thumbs up on a season 2.
This one, along with Mandalorian, Boba Fett, have been the best of the streaming SW saga releases.
ObiWan was mostly a bore and Andor a total snooze fest.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
eh, did you actually watch boba fett ?
Yes, and enjoyed it very much.
I've been hoping for a new season of either Boba, or teamed with Mandalorian as he was in the last season.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, and enjoyed it very much.
I've been hoping for a new season of either Boba, or teamed with Mandalorian as he was in the last season.
I think the word on the Mandalorian now is they will instead make a movie or movies for theatrical release.

OP
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I think the word on the Mandalorian now is they will instead make a movie or movies for theatrical release.
Speculation I’ve seen is that this could include all of these shows as they are intertwined, focusing on the return of Thrawn to the galaxy. Filoni has been working on this for a bit.

I’m interested in what they do with book of Bobs Fett, though. Even though that was part of the Mando story, it doesn’t seem as close to what I had heard DF was working on as a stand alone movie… or gasp, even a new trilogy.

OP
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
S2 was confirmed earlier this year. No dates yet, but likely won't see it until after Andor S2 in '25.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
S2 was confirmed earlier this year. No dates yet, but likely won't see it until after Andor S2 in '25.
Sorry I'm lost now.
A S2 of what, Boba?

Top Bottom