• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AHB2 Mono v Stereo - what is audible?

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is the spreadsheet. Needs to be renamed with xls extension. One note: I treated impedances as scalars and ignored phase when adding them. I thought it wouldn't matter much. Let me know if you find any other problems.

Attachments

• AHB2_F208.pdf
    229 KB · Views: 102

boomtheroom

I wont pretend to know what all this means, but simplified... are there and sonic benefits or loss there of, going from one to two Ahb2s?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wont pretend to know what all this means, but simplified... are there and sonic benefits or loss there of, going from one to two Ahb2s?
If you need gobs of power, you can bridge two channels. Then you'll need two units.

boomtheroom

If you need gobs of power, you can bridge two channels. Then you'll need two units.
sorry, I meant sound wise excluding the obvious power benefits.. I cant remember but i recall somewhere that distortion increased in mono mode?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
sorry, I meant sound wise excluding the obvious power benefits.. I cant remember but i recall somewhere that distortion increased in mono mode?
You'll never hear the distortion from an AHB2 unless you drive it to clipping.

radix

Major Contributor

There is a small increase in noise (in the 0.000x% absolute range) , but you'll never hear it. The only downside is the increased money.

index.php

Top Bottom