• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AGT 2021 Act: Golden Buzzer: World Taekwondo Demonstration Team

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What an incredible demonstration of athleticism, precision and spirit:

Takes me back to my teenage years when I was training in Karate.

Just incredible.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazing stuff.
This video is more like my childhood Karate abilities.

gonzoucab

Do you guys dont train anymore?

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice demonstration! I'm worried about ankles everytime someone goes flying like that :D:eek:

I remember my Taekwondo days back as a teenager where I would spend too much time watching TV from the floor doing the split.. Don't know what happened, but nowadays I can barely sit on the floor.

I started my career in Kickboxing as an 11 year-old Van Damme fan before starting Taekwondo, so I quickly became bored of the lack of physical competition in Taekwondo and moved on. As a frustrated youth with tons of built-in rage I went through different types of martial arts like said Kickboxing, Taekwondo, Kung-fu, Aikido, Thaiboxing, Ninjutsu, Karate and some grappling stuff I can't remember the name of before I found my call in Boxing.

The whole concept of going to war during training against people who wanted to take my head off was very appealing compared to the more friendly/respectful approach as seen in traditional martial arts.
It turned out that Boxing was so much more difficult to become good at, especially for me who was a natural talent for fancy kicks due to my early fascination of Van Damme, so I loved the challenge of that and dedicated myself to it completely.

I still love all martial arts and greatly appreciate all forms of mastery no matter what it's called. This particular demonstration reminds me of a live demonstration I saw with the Shaolin monks. A few of those tricks they did still haunts me to this day.

I wonder if some of these guys can still walk when they're in their thirties:oops:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What an incredible demonstration of athleticism, precision and spirit:

Takes me back to my teenage years when I was training in Karate.

Just incredible.
Need some pellets for your stove? :p

gonzoucab

Train? No. Dreams long gone.... :(

I started doing Yoga 5 years ago, could not even touch my feet when i started at 40, its true that we cant be the guys on those videos, but we can at least try 1h a day!

is like our music systems, they will never sound like a live performace, but we will try!

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Slow Mo Guys and Kukkiwon Taekwondo Team:

Tks

Major Contributor
Love this sort of stuff, reminds me of Wushu performances. All sorts of cool disciplines. Check this out for instance.

Top Bottom