• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Affordable DAC with DSD capability and potentiometer?

LaLaLard

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's such product for multi-room music purpose, connected to a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer. I currently use a S.M.S.L M3 DAC+HP amp combo. It has a volume control but only works on the headphone amp circuit. Need a DAC with preamp function and a knob preferably.

My piCorePlayer streams from Tidal and my NAS. After a while I realised nothing beats an volume knob somewhere reachable - just the moment you need to pick up an important phone call when you got something thrusting playing, or perhaps when you're playing something soft when your baby is sleeping in her room but Tidal decides to push a death metal song for you next...

I use a Dayton M1260 to drive my ambient speakers. It comes with adjustor for each channel but it's not convenient if you need to adjust every single channel just for a faint song, every single time. I don't need to pursue anything below 0.001%THD (all DACs nowaday should do right?) but obviously the more transparent the better, even with a tight budget right?

I mean, this is ASR and I personally own many audio gears with good transparency that I found out from here.

I guess I could get a ALPS 27 attenuator and hook it up to M3, but I also found the SMSL M3 to have some issue with its USB input. So thought I should get something else anyway.

Top Bottom