• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AES/EBU to Harman BLU link convertor?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Does anyone know a converter that allows me to input AES/EBU signal to a BLU link input of a Harman amplifier. This one specifically. I need something that works in the digital domain with no analogue conversion.

Thank you

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can get AES/EBU input cards that work with BLU-120 or BLU-160, which you can use to output BLU-Link. If you have a Dante output or means to convert AES to Dante, you can use the BLU-DA (nee BLU-DAN) to convert Dante/AES67 to BLU-Link.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can get AES/EBU input cards that work with BLU-120 or BLU-160, which you can use to output BLU-Link. If you have a Dante output or means to convert AES to Dante, you can use the BLU-DA (nee BLU-DAN) to convert Dante/AES67 to BLU-Link.
Thank you but I need a standalone device, hence I said convertor. I appreciate to hear if you know one.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you but I need a standalone device, hence I said convertor. I appreciate to hear if you know one.
Reading comp is your friend. Re-read the first sentence.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reading comp is your friend. Re-read the first sentence.
I did but it mentions a card for a device that handle 256 audio channels, whereas all I need to convert is just 4 channels. What am I missing?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I did but it mentions a card for a device that handle 256 audio channels, whereas all I need to convert is just 4 channels. What am I missing?
That’s what they have, whether you need to convert 1 channel or 256.

I think each AES input card handles 4 channels.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s what they have, whether you need to convert 1 channel or 256.

I think each AES input card handles 4 channels.
Thank you for your input I was hoping there exists something like this but with AES input instead of USB.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for your input I was hoping there exists something like this but with AES input instead of USB.

They have that USB one and the BLU-DA/BLU-DAN for Dante/AES67, but just the input cards for the modular BSS units for AES/EBU.

OTOH, a BLU-120 and AES input card should be fairly reasonably priced.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow. Then resale value is really really terrible. Recently sold BLU-120 on eBay went for $300-600. There’s also a Synthesis version, maybe 4500X?

The input card is maybe $500-600 new as well.
BLU link doesn’t seem to have caught on. Maybe I will simply use a DAC for the time being and wait for a decent multichannel amp with AES67 inputs.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If AES67 (not AES/EBU - ie on network cable not XLR) is the need then I think BLU-DA will work.

I don’t think anyone but Harman ever used BLU-Link, though it’s still around on their stuff.

Another option (also wildly overspec’ed for your application, admittedly) is JBL Intonato 24. That has AES/EBU inputs built in and BLU-Link out.

Top Bottom