• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aeon 2 Noire

ririt

I use Hart Audio cables. Their prices are reasonable and their system is really convenient. If you are in the US, I would recommend them. Not sure if they ship internationally.

EDIT: Sorry just noticed your currency as soon as I posted so i am guessing it mqy not really be an option for you.
Just for information, I am living in France and I recently get from Hart Audio a cable and an interconnect kit. Order and delivery went extremely well. You just have to pay the custom fees in addition to the cost of the ordered items.
Of note, their products are really nice and extremely useful!

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Just for information, I am living in France and I recently get from Hart Audio a cable and an interconnect kit. Order and delivery went extremely well. You just have to pay the custom fees in addition to the cost of the ordered items.
Of note, their products are really nice and extremely useful!

I'm from Germany. My wife ordered some tea cups recently from Thailand.
Worth 15€ including shipping.

And I ended up paying 14.62€ in fees (6€ handling fee for DHL).

So probably not going to import cables.

Skinner001

What kind of headphone cable do I need to look for if I want 3 meters that end In a XLR connection?

I don't want to spend 330€ on the Dan Clark Vivo cable.

Couldn't I just get a extension cable for the XLR cable that comes with the noir?
I'm in the UK and have bought from Oidio Sound. They make nice cables and you can customize a lot. Not cheap but even with importing it should be probably about half the price you mention here.

Drengur

Forum Donor
How I initially place them on my head matters a lot, both sound wise and comfort wise. I do find them very comfortable, and the isolation is as good as I have ever experienced. These are the first headphones I have owned that do make me think about corrective surgery :D, as it seems my head is not 100% symmetrical (literally and figuratively), which can cause balance issues. The left cup seems to play nicer with the expressionist art piece that is my head, but I find that if I place them as high as possible, things get much better. As for amplifiers; I have the L30 and I can not think of any reason to upgrade, they easily drive them well above with what I would considered healthy.

They have, however, rekindled my audiophilia nervosa, as I am constantly looking for a better master to listen to. That being said, I will probably live happily with these headphones until the kids have moved out and I can sell their belongings to buy the Stealths.

As I stated in another thread I had cosmetic issued when I first got them. The service from Dan Clark was very good and the issue got resolved quickly and I really was impressed with their customer support.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
What kind of headphone stand should I get for the Noire?

I use this one for my Focal Elegia but I guess it's not that good of a solution for the headband of the Noire.

IMG-20211127-WA0008.jpeg

Malaj

Or just have something thin and hang on the suspension band. Though dont see the problem the headband has no memory foam or anything :)

Thank you! Being a relative newcomer, I was unaware that Tidal does not offer MQA files or does not offer high quality usage of that technology, if that's the correct usage. I do notice that an "MQA" indicator often appears in the D90SE's digital display when I play music from Tidal. Is Quboz better at "rendering" such music files?

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Thank you! Being a relative newcomer, I was unaware that Tidal does not offer MQA files or does not offer high quality usage of that technology, if that's the correct usage. I do notice that an "MQA" indicator often appears in the D90SE's digital display when I play music from Tidal. Is Quboz better at "rendering" such music files?
You want to avoid Mqa. It's a scam and basically just a super MP3.

Qobuz is better for hi-res lossless music

Firefly00

MQA is a very deceptive company, and the format is quite lossy despite being advertised as lossless. Massive reason to avoid Tidal. Qobuz does not use MQA and you’ll get full 24/192 FLAC

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Honestly, just pick the streaming service that has the best library, layout and features that meet your needs. I'm not a fan of MQA in theory but Tidal meets my needs better than other services so I use it. But at the 9.99 Hifi tier, not the higher "master" tier.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
MQA is a very deceptive company, and the format is quite lossy despite being advertised as lossless. Massive reason to avoid Tidal. Qobuz does not use MQA and you’ll get full 24/192 FLAC
Wonder how many people still use tidal because they did spend money on MQA hardware.

DEleassar

Hello,

first, sorry for my bad english :)

I have had the Noire 2 for 2 weeks and am very satisfied. I have adjusted it with the APO to Oratory. It has a super stage for a closed one, I'm really thrilled.
The PC is still optimised with Fidelizer Pro. The source material is Qobuz, I recently compared Tidal and Qobuz intensively and changed to Q.

I'm using it with the old JDS Labs Atom + Khades Tone Board.

But I'm wondering whether an RME ADI or another amp won't get even more out of the Noire. It's not about volume for me, but rather about even more details, depth and fullness of the music.

I don't miss anything with the Atom, but I still ask myself whether there is still a need for affordable optimisation.

Possibly through the RME ADI or maybe even a Feliks Elise (tube) amp.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I
Hello,

first, sorry for my bad english :)

I have had the Noire 2 for 2 weeks and am very satisfied. I have adjusted it with the APO to Oratory. It has a super stage for a closed one, I'm really thrilled.
The PC is still optimised with Fidelizer Pro. The source material is Qobuz, I recently compared Tidal and Qobuz intensively and changed to Q.

I'm using it with the old JDS Labs Atom + Khades Tone Board.

But I'm wondering whether an RME ADI or another amp won't get even more out of the Noire. It's not about volume for me, but rather about even more details, depth and fullness of the music.

I don't miss anything with the Atom, but I still ask myself whether there is still a need for affordable optimisation.

Possibly through the RME ADI or maybe even a Feliks Elise (tube) amp.

I'm running the Aeon 2 Noire balanced of a Singxer SA1 in low gain mode and it sounds really good.

I'm considering the Shanling EM5 for a bedroom setup to use with the Noire.

Top Bottom