• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advise headphones for me. Problem 990pro??

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The video sounds like clipping or maximum excursion being reached (over driven).
The Atom can supply more power than its maximum rating so it can be either of those.
Needs oscilloscope measurements to confirm which it is.

In any case... you need other headphones that can handle more power.
A more powerful amp will get you nowhere and you may even blow up the drivers, and ultimately your ears at these levels as well.

OP
K

kprog

They sound very good and quite loud. the bass is very good, but there are certain songs that have a bass that does not go very well with the 990 .. without reaching a lot of volume, it sounds broken ... as the example of the video .. may be because they are open headphones, do not take pressure ..

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Amp is clipping or maximum excursion of the driver is reached.
One cannot say for certain from the video.

Not broken as you already confirmed another one did it too and I assume it happens on both channels.

It has nothing to do with being open or not able to 'handle pressure'

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
It has nothing to do with being open or not able to 'handle pressure'
Strictly speaking, it actually does. The drivers in open headphones almost inevitably have to work harder in the bass, as they are trading off wearing comfort for some leakage. It takes some planars to achieve truly first-rate bass handling. Flagship dynamics are somewhere in between. Either option is substantially more expensive than a DT990Pro. Traditionallly, bassheads would go for closed cans or in-ears.

zxc

Have exact same problem with dt770 250 which has similar drivers i guess

Top Bottom