• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on pre-amps (new build)

sitherion

Hi, I am new to Hi-Fi audio and I have decided to spend some savings and build a mid-range system for LPs.

These are the components that I plan to put together (please if you have different suggestions feel free to comment):
  1. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO
  2. DALI OBERON 7
  3. Cambridge Audio CXA81
  4. Cambridge Audio CXN (V2)

What would be a good suggestion for pre-amp? I've read good reviews for Cambridge Audio Duo but are there better mid-range options that I should consider? My budget for the pre-amp can go as high as £800. Also, I do not want to go for the most expensive while I have a mid-range system, it wouldn't make much sense (for me).

Finally, does it worth going for expensive cables? For example, I see that some speaker cables can get as far as £300 per pair, for XLR cables can be the same...does it worth investing around £400 for cables (in total for all the system, speakers, amp connections etc).

Thank you for your suggestions!

Top Bottom