• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on improving home & office setup

OP
A

atonik

Forum Donor
Thanks. I'll monitor D5 and M500 prices when I'm about to go to the US and get whichever will be cheaper. I'll also keep an eye on this forum in case something new comes out.

Overall
- As an interim I'll get this M2 till I go to the US
- I'll get either 8010 or 8020

I presume I'll need XLR cables. Anything you'd recommend here or it doesn't matter?

edit: as my luck will have it M2 is out of stock everywhere I look

Last edited:

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Anything with good plugs (Amphenol or Neutrik) is enough for cables. I suggest you eat pasta for a month to get the 8020, 3" is really too small without a subwoofer.

OP
A

atonik

Forum Donor
@q3cpma thanks, I'll look for those.

I'm pretty set on 8020D and Sabaj D5 right now however I have a question as D5 is well not a small device. I've seen review of Soncoz LA-QXD1 and I'm wondering if I could get just that. Then later if I wanted to get an amp for headphones, then I'd get one and connect it to QXD1?

Unrelated question to my current situation, more asking for a friend - what would be a good stack of devices that offers 1) dac (headphones and active speakers), 2) amp for headphones 3) physical output switch. It can be 1 2 or 3 devices, wouldn't need XLR output and if all could be under $350.

edit: bought 8020D

while I'm hunting for a new DAC, can I connect V-DAC's RCA to 8020's XLR?

Last edited:
Top Bottom