• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on avr’s

Joejoe123

Hi guys I’m new to the fourm, my current set up is I have a pair of klipsch Rf7iii and rc64iii and rf52ii and rb51ii for sourrounds, along with sw112 klipsch subwoofer. And for recover I have the mrx720 and for the power amp I have the parasound halo a31 to power the front sound stage. I recently saw the review that Aamir did on the MRX 520 and the review he did on the MRX 1120 and how he didn’t recommend the MRX 520 but he did recommend the MRX 1120 I am wondering if he would’ve done a review on the MRI at 7:20 if he would’ve recommended it and if it would be that much of a difference to return my current receiver and upgrade to the MRX 1120, what do you guys thanksI With my current set up in the speakers I have and the power amp what do you guys think would be the best match and the money that I’m willing to spend would there be any better receivers out there or maybe just any better preamps or any better integrated amps type of set ups or anything any different type of roads I could go down besides an AVR just curious? But my main concern is about the avr situation. I’m wondering if it’s worth spending the extra thousand dollars to upgrade to it and or if there’s any other receivers out there that are better than the anthem in terms of performance sound quality durability and all that jazz? what do you guys think. I need all the recommendations I can get. I have about two weeks to return the mrx 720 if I do choose. I’m happy with the sound but if I can get better I’d be willing to spend more money, maybe a thousand more. What’s the best option for home 2 channel music also? Thanks so much guys appreciate you! Also right now I am mostly just listening to music because I have a concussion so I can’t really watch TV without it hurting my head but once my head gets better I will get a TV and will have a home theater set up but as of right now I’m just listening to music so I’m doing a lot of stereo listening but also surround sound.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Welcome to ASR.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Stay safe, go to the highest level up...1120

Last edited:
OP
J

Joejoe123

Stay safe, go to the highest level up...1120
In your honest opinion do you think it would be worth it to spend the extra 1000$ for it. Money isn’t that big of an issue to me. I know the improvement would be minimal but How much improvement. And if I’m spending that much money would there be a receiver for the same amount of money or close to that would be better for my situation and sound quality and performance and overall which would be the best decision in your guys opinion, mrx520. Upgrading to the flagship model anthem, or getting a different brand avr for around the same money that would out perform it. Lol someone just give me some good advice please. Not trying to be rude lol sorry. I just need more details.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome. Don't make any decisions over $100 until your concussion heals. And enjoy the music in the meantime. :)

OP
J

Joejoe123

Welcome. Don't make any decisions over $100 until your concussion heals. And enjoy the music in the meantime. :)
Lol I hear you but it’s kind of hard to when I only have less than two weeks now to do the return and god only knows when my head is going to heal.

Top Bottom