• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice Needed on Video Projection Screen

witchdoctor

I am upgrading my PJ to 4K and was wondering about upgrading my screen. I can get a good deal on a Screen Innovations Series 5 120" projector screen and I am considering it. I wasn't shopping for a screen but the price seems right. I am currently using a standard 120" screen (I don't remember the brand) that you can see in this photo.

Attachments

• 16.1 Front View.jpg
    16.1 Front View.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 137

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless it has better contrast ratios or something vs your current screen I don't think it would make a difference.

What I'd like to get eventually is an ALR screen. Ambient light rejection. It is made so it doesn't reflect ambient light toward you. It only reflects light from the direction you place the projector. This allows a darker surface with better contrast even in a room with some light in it.

OP
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Unless it has better contrast ratios or something vs your current screen I don't think it would make a difference.

What I'd like to get eventually is an ALR screen. Ambient light rejection. It is made so it doesn't reflect ambient light toward you. It only reflects light from the direction you place the projector. This allows a darker surface with better contrast even in a room with some light in it.
Thanks, I appreciate the help and will pass on the new screen until I find an ALR screen.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Screen Innovations was one of the first makers of ALR screens. Others also make them now.

VSKP2004

Hi,
Maye you can check Vividstorm projector screen.
They have floor rising and drop down screen.
I saw there are many review videos on Youtube.
It seem that you are looking for a drop down screen.
You can check this link.

Attachments

• 3abadbfcff659bbe0a2d2d6fff0cfd0.jpg
    3abadbfcff659bbe0a2d2d6fff0cfd0.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom