• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advantage or Disadvantages using Schitt Magni (IEM Ver)

JasonC331

Forum Donor
So here goes, I use a PC as my only transport into an Anthem MRx740. I have 1 Topping D10S, 1 Schitt ModiMultibit, and 1 Modi3+. Are there any sonic benefits of using this as just a pre-amp after one of the DAC's output that's routed back into the AVR, Or Should I choose one to feed the Magni for the few times I break out the cans?

Does anyone have some best practices on this?

Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
So here goes, I use a PC as my only transport into an Anthem MRx740. I have 1 Topping D10S, 1 Schitt ModiMultibit, and 1 Modi3+. Are there any sonic benefits of using this as just a pre-amp after one of the DAC's output that's routed back into the AVR, Or Should I choose one to feed the Magni for the few times I break out the cans?

Does anyone have some best practices on this?
If you don't need the input for the amp and don't need the gain for the amp input then it doesn't matter too much. I run my headphone amps as preamps so I can hook more stuff up.

I would set it up however is the cleanest with cables and boxes amd stuff.

Of course SINAD will be a little better at the amp if it is not going though your admittedly pristine headphone amp.

Top Bottom