• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adobe Audition Help Needed

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I confess to being a total novice at this software. I use it for recording and playback, but haven't climbed the learning curve of audio editing. So... this is my plea for help. I want to do some editing and have something in mind that's conceptually straightforward but unusual. So this is my plea- would someone who is comfortable with this software be willing to walk me through the process via PM/conversation? At the end, I'll make the files I arrive at available publicly available.

Thanks in advance, O As-Yet Unknown Guru!

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Whatever the latest one is, and CC. (I'm about 50 miles from that computer at the moment so can't give a version number- did I ever mention I hate having a day job?) W10 OS, if that makes any difference.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What are you wanting to do with it? I'm still holding a grudge that my $49.95 lifetime forever purchase of Cooledit wasn't honored by Adobe. Adobe purchased Cooledit from Syntrillium and didn't change all that much. This grudge is 20 years old. I've still got the CoolEdit CD.

Don't know that I'm a guru, but I've managed some pretty good results using only open source free software.

BTW, if you don't need AA's peculiar capabilities in some sense check out Reaper. It is a DAW, but a good one. Free for the full version with a suggestion you pay $60 (like I did) if you really use it.

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I had some bad experiences with Reaper, so still hesitate to give it another go... :facepalm:

I'll PM both you guys, and many thanks in advance.

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Thanks much! Two of the guys helped me out, and one of them (BE718) even made me step by step videos for the thing I wanted to do to my sound files.

Here's the result. I think it sounds pretty realistic.

the thing I wanted to do to my sound files.
Care to share what you did ?
I agree that Reaper can be dangerous, with so many settings that can go wrong (been there, done that). Great for multi-channel projects though. The ambisonics community seems to love it for that.

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I've never gotten Reaper to work reliably for me. It's always a delight when I get to a gig, set up, and Reaper refuses to recognize my interface! Switching to Audition really bullet-proofed things, but I hadn't yet climbed the learning curve for using it as an editor.

In any case, this song had been recorded with a coincident crossed pair of ribbons. This allows (once you know how Audtion's editing logic is set up) the lobes to be rotated.

Next step will be to see if I can make it work for Ambisonic...:cool:

Top Bottom