• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADI-2 Pro FSR BE in black with remote

Jim777

Forum Donor
New with remote
https://sonicstate.com/news/2020/01/17/namm-2020-rme-adi-2-in-black/
32391_289.jpg

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@MC_RME Will the ADI-2 FSR BE be openly available or will it be a limited edition like the former version?

BTW, what does "ADI-2" refer to? A basic design? There are so many ADI-2 variant models.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Analog to Digital Interface, second model?

Tks

Major Contributor
Still the best ADC performer it seems.

From my understanding, it seems this gets blacked out, price drops, and you get the new remote. No idea if any performance gains have been made, maybe we'll get more details soon.

richpjr

That might explain the price drop that has been available for the current version recently.

reasons

I am def excited about this unit. Seems like a nice revision of the original. Maybe it will measure better and be worth the purchase.

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is great b/c now you can have the digital output (using the breakout cable) PLUS a remote controller. When using something like the Dutch 8C, now you can take a digital out directly into the Dutch.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Mine's supposed to be coming this week: pride of ownership impending.

Reactions: Tks

Jimmy

It looks great but I don't get how a remote and a change to AK4493 which cost less than 5$ a piece can translate to a 500€ price increase over the regular silver Pro FS.

richpjr

That would be perfect for my uses (guitar amp modeling without having to fire up a DAW) if it supported TotalMix and zero latency monitoring.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This is great b/c now you can have the digital output (using the breakout cable) PLUS a remote controller. When using something like the Dutch 8C, now you can take a digital out directly into the Dutch.
You can do that with the original unit, it just doesn't have the remote.
Keith

Top Bottom